“An Amazing Place!”

Casa Rustica Grande
Price range: US$3 - US$120
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Warm Welcome To Casa Rustica Grande Cafe-bistro Come Cocktail Bar In Northallerton…mediterranean With A Brazilian Twist!
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I came here today with my husband; we were visiting people near by and thought we would pop for a coffee and a light lunch on our way home. We are thrilled we found this place! Although it was very dark due to some work going on outside the door this had no effect on the sunnyness inside. There were two young girls working (very hard I might add as it was full and very busy when we were there!) And despite being rushed off their feet they never stopped smiling! This really helps to make an experience a pleasant one. Abbey, our waitress, couldn't do enough to please us and keep us happy, and the food was simply delicious. Even if a mistake was made it was handled perfectly - the lady near us got a pot of tea without the tea bag and the waitress could not be more apologetic! It all turned in to a joke and everyone was laughing and smiling, it was a recurring joke that everyone joined in with! It was such a fabulous atmosphere to be sat in, we even got an extra coffee each and some pastries just because we were tempted! I would highly recommend this cafe to anyone who was near Northallerton. Do not go past this place, it was absolutely sublime.

2  Thank DanAndJune

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a 'different' evening dining experience for Northallerton - tapas type food. Very friendly cosy intimate dining experience. Staff are very attentive, food is fresh and tasty and the desserts are unique to anything else you will be offered locally. Live entertainment adds to the flavour of the venue. The Italian beer is really enjoyable, as is the house wine. I tried cannoli with expresso on recommendation, the expresso being offered on the house to get the Italian experience of the flavour combination. This was my 2nd visit for a meal, having come across it for an afternoon coffee. Try it, you certainly won't regret spending an evening here in my opinion.

1  Thank Marg037
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We came across this bistro situated in Barkers Arcade.
Smart little bistro , had the sharing platter of Cheeses, meats , olives anti- pasti and a selection of warm breads. Excellant food and service and a nice relaxed atmosphere .
Top quality hot coffee. Menu not overtaxing and priced just right.
All round 5 star service
Would highly recommend and will be paying another visit

1  Thank dales113
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The best coffee and Pannatone in town. I could eat their special everyday of the week. Brilliant sandwiches with unusual salami and good Panini. Chilli salami with a hint of spice and heat. Excellent genuine chat from the owner.

1  Thank Adrienne C
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is by far my favourite spot in Northallerton, a great taste of Italy. Best coffee in town, amazing desserts and cakes and the panini's are delicious with lots of choice. Leo, Sam and the girls are extremely friendly and very attentive. I'm a Casa Rustica regular - I often take in my 2 year old little boy for cake and babycinno after the park and he is made to feel very welcome. He loves going in as much as me so we can rarely walk past without a coffee stop. Great for lunch too, either to eat in or take out and they have recently started doing "Sunshine Evenings" too. On an evening they have a great choice of hot and cold tapas, great prosecco and beers and amazing desserts (chocolate fondant cake is my favourite). The atmosphere is great and they often have live music too.

So if your in Northallerton and looking for a taste of Italy, or just a great coffee and a cake, visit Casa Rustica, it will not disappoint and i'm sure you'll look forward to your second visit :-)

2  Thank gibby1987