“Fantastic full English, but!!!”

Cross View Tea Rooms and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
staffordshire
“Fantastic full English, but!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Have visited this tea room many times over the years and have always enjoyed our breakfasts.
My wife ordered poached eggs on toast, but got microwaved eggs rock hard, please,please can we have proper poached eggs next time.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank wilfStaffordshire

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Home cooking at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

A marvelous cafe right in the heart of Richmond, with traditional English food which would be hard to beat anywhere. Our group of four - meeting over lunch for a catch-up - were all pleased with their choices. I chose a slice of corned beef pie (a proper pie, full of meat, and with a quality crust, top and bottom) followed by Yorkshire curd tart and cream - I've never tasted better.

Service was friendly, efficient, and relaxed, so the whole experience was a pleasure.

I need another excuse to visit Richmond again soon, to work my way through the menu at Cross View.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Numero60
Fairford, United Kingdom
“did not enjoy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Was looking for somewhere to get a full english breakfast with the family, having been here before for a light lunch which was nice i thought we could try breakfast, however the eggs were overcooked bacon very greasy the sausage was not nice either, didnt even eat a quarter of it, my partner also did not enjoy his either. maybe was just a one off as ive stated before other thing in the cafe are nice. Also wasnt happy with the fact the high chairs were all dirty and i had to ask for them to be wiped down before putting my son in. personally its not a place for taking young children tables are too small its just not very accommodating for young children in my opinion. i would try this place again however but not with children and not the breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The variety of food on offer here at very reasonable prices was outstanding. You could have hot or cold meals or sandwiches or cream teas etc.etc. The staff are excellent. The only pity was that it closes at 5.0 pm. It was without doubt one of the best tea rooms we have ever visited.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank dalgarnO_12
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Ice Cream for Breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stopped here to grab a bite to eat before heading to the castle. Whilst the rest of our party had breakfast I had ice cream. There was a lovely variety of food on offer and they seemed happy to accommodate my bizarre breakfast choice. The staff were all nice and friendly and the tea room was nice and clean. The food was good too. This was a lovely little place to stop and break up our journey and I would definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014