“annoying to say the least.”

Barker's Fish & Chips
Ranked #49 of 119 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richmond, United Kingdom
“annoying to say the least.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

terrible staff, im sure the woman that served me had no clue what she was doing. id ordered a fish cake and chips but was in a rush as i had to be at work 15minutes after going in. she said to me that there were no fishcakes ready so id have to wait about 10 minutes for one, to which i replied that i no longer wanted the fish cake and i just wanted the chips. she stood there and looked at me then watched the cook put the fish cake into the fryer and told me that i have to wait for it now as she has just put it on to cook. i would have walked out had i not already paid. also the staff there never look hygenic, and i do not want to be offensive and i understand they work in a greasy environment but with some of the staff there their clothing is covered in food and muck and they just look generally dirty. i will never be going back as i do not wish to be ignored by idiotic staff.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank shorty2308

La Vinuela, Spain
“Barkers Chippy”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I should really have written this review before the Fox Hall Inn review, however....
We visited Richmond on a market day and it was really busy. We decided to have lunch and our companions suggested Barkers as they had eaten there before. There was a bit of a queue for a table and the staff were a little overwhelmed and service was a bit slow....
Cod and chips, haddock and chips, mushy peas were all excellent. My cod was as good as I've had anywhere, steaming white flakes of meat covered in a really tasty crispy batter. Drool!
We will go again but not on a market day though.

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, United Kingdom
“When will they get this place right,”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My 3rd visit,I had NO option as friends insisted on getting a takeaway from here, I wish I had gone over the road to the castle chippy,White soggy chips,mushy grey fish and a pot of pea juice believed to be mushy peas,They cash in on tourists time and time again,I took my dismal food back this time and left it on the counter,sorry Barkers but customers do count,and better than your staff..

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Steve D
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“was ok”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

average was ok staff not really on the ball but enjoyed it all the same fish cooked lovely a nice surprise for family

Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor quality and slow service”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This does not do what it says on the tin. Went with 3 other people, waited about half an hour for our food which then turned up cold. This place was not even busy. Chips were the worst I ever had in the UK. So bad we voted with our feet and left half of our food. You wouldn't expected this standard from a Fish and Chip shop in a town like this. Advice - give it a miss.

• Visited December 2013