“Superb”
Review of The Heifer

The Heifer
Ranked #5 of 126 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A lovely laid back pub, suitable for all occasion...
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We called in after reading excellent reviews on trip advisor.
Glad to say we were not disappointed.
The starter of potato skins were to die for.
The steak was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented.
Very clean inside.Nice decor.
The staff were very helpful and pleasant.
We have been to countless restaurants on our travels throughout England and Wales, and this would be in the top 3
Could not recommend this place highly enough.
There is also a great Children's menu and an extensive gluten free menu.
Overall 10/10

2  Thank lucyandsparkles
There are newer reviews for The Heifer

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a fantastic restaurant/pub in a Yorkshire village setting if you require a first class experience combined with a relaxed ambience.
There is always a warm welcome and friendly banter from Pauline & Adrian who take great pride in their business and provide a service second to none.
Excellent menu choice and freshly cooked quality food combined with a good range of wines, real ales & beer.
We love this place and Adrian we love your 'dickie'!

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a "must visit" establishment.

Whatever you are looking for, it is here. If you want to keep your order and the bill modest the option is right there on the menu. If you want to put the chefs here to the test then their signature dishes are the best money can buy. It is also with Noting they they have a wealth of vegetarian and glutten free dishes.

It's a small but beautiful bar and restaurant on the gorgeous village green of scorton. it has a great selection of fine quality beers and wines. The owner is extremely helpful and friendly and will pull out all the stops to make your night special. All the staff help make you feel you are somewhere special because unlike a lot of places you feel like they want to be there and take pride in the product output.

Is it expensive? absolutely not. Inclusive of 3 drinks each with 2 course came to about £33 a head.

My only advice would be.... try the Lowenbrau and go verrrryyyyy hungry they serve generously. I recommend the cod on a bed of leaks with a poached egg.

2  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband & I visited on Sunday 27 July, for lunch.
Friendly welcome as usual, as we have had many meals here before & never been disappointed.
Keep it up guys, so refreshing knowing the food quality & service is constantly top notch.
The restaurant & bar area was very busy, but staff managed to squeeze us in, we were expecting a little wait, so we just chilled at the bar relaxing.
Our meals were lovely, from starters to pudding. Great service.
Finished off with drinks at tables outside, on the green opposite the Heifer, enjoying the sunshine.
Staff still made sure we were taken care of.
(I wish I had not written this good review, I want to keep this place to ourselves).
So you should go, as long as there is always a table free for Ken & Julie, (wink).

1  Thank JELLYSWEETS
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We came here just the other week after being impressed a few times over the past few months. To start I tried the choux buns filled with garlic mushrooms off the specials board, they were delicious, my boyfriend always has the pate and he also enjoyed his starter. For my main I had scampi and as the sampi is fresh you get a choice of breaded or battered scampi, I chose battered, and it did not disappoint! My boyfriend chose a steak off the specials board which came with a sauce and was great value for money. We also enjoyed some lovely desserts! An absolutely fantastic meal with great service and would highly recommend a visit!

1  Thank Jo92h