“Pot Luck Stop Off”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Richmond
Stirling
“Pot Luck Stop Off”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stopped off here on the way home. We were intending to eat until we saw the price of their food. £7.25 for a prawn baguette, now I know prawns aren't cheap but come on!!! The pie was priced at £10.95, extortionate.
We ended up having just a drink. This was quite an acceptable price and my coffee came in a lovely big pot with enough coffee for 3 cups and was proper filter coffee too.
would stop again for the coffee but not to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Limefitt Park
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Just called in on our way to our lodge (www.dickenslodge.co.uk), pouring with rain, with three woofers and we were made to feel very welcome, even guided towards a seat by the lovely coal fire blazing away.
The Woofers lay quietly in front of the fire, whilst we ate and drank our lunch, cheese and onion sarnie plus Americano coffee and ham egg and chips with orange juice.
The chips were very scrummy.
Thank you!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Scotland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Decided to stop here on way home from York to Scotland. Board above roaring fire gave us a great choice of dishes to choose from. My good lady opted for the pate' and i chose a delicious chicken burger in breadcrumbs with their fabulous home made chips. Staff were friendly and helpful. There seemed to be a few locals dining there as they were on first name terms with the owner. Would drop in again if i was down that way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 24lunch
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Called in for Sunday Lunch while out with my (adult) family.
Looked quite good from the road but looks can be deceiving.
The bar/restaurant area was clean and tidy with polished wood furnishings but no atmosphere.
We all had the Sunday Roast.
One of our party has a smaller appetite so the choice of portion size was a good idea.
Choice of Beef or Turkey.
I ordered roast beef which was dry, overcooked and curling at the edges. It came with a reasonable portion of vegetables served separately as you would expect but the quality left much to be desired.
The roast turkey was similarly overlooked and dry.
Disappointed by the poor quality we decided to give the dessert a miss.
I guess we should have returned the food but instead decided to eat what we could and never go back.
Price for the meals a little above average for good food which this certainly was not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Hutton Magna, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went for a Sunday lunch with friend and family all I can say is I don't know why any one would want to brag about those Yorkshire puddings, all I can say is stodge. ( very victoria sponge like) the boiled potatoes, where impossible to even cut, it took me back to school dinners and if I had to choose I think it would have to be the school dinners, we did inform staff which made us feel a tad guilty as staff where very good & pleasant, we then ordered dessert which I have to say were very nice but a tad expensive, after complaint we were offered a refund of half of our deserts which I found a bit strange ???? But better then nothing, but meal still very expensive for what it was, even with discount. a experience a don't want to & will not be repeating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amandaburn
Beckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed here as a stopover on the way to Scotland. Didn't expect the lap of luxury and it wasn't but it was clean, comfy, warm and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I had a bar meal which was cooked to perfection and the bar was one of those places where you could sit beside the log burner and chill with a few pints. A perfect place to break a journey, Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Rob M
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Love this place ! Lovely rooms, lovely food & lovely people - what more do you want ? I use this place as a base during a regular business trip - it is conveniently situated for the NE being only 10 mins from the A1 Scotch Corner. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
The King's Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Scotch Corner
Middleton Lodge
Middleton Lodge
#3 of 8 in Richmond

Been to A66 Motel? Share your experiences!