“Rude and Unfriendly”
Review of The Vintage Hotel

The Vintage Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richmond
The Vintage Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Would love to say something good about this place but all I can say is avoid!
Rude and Unfriendly - having read other reviews can only assume the staff where having a very bad day last week. We phoned to book a table for 2 plus a child and were told only take parties of 6 or more !?! Guy told us we would be better suited to the Service station nearby!
Changed plans and booked at Scotch Corner hotel next door and so glad we did. Have placed this place loads of times and keep meaning to call in. Never again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank B_Zeb

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Staying at the Vintage Inn recently we found that the manager, Sean, just could not do enough to make our stay special, from bringing drinks out into the sunny garden for us unasked and serving us the bar, at dinner and breakfast. Both meals were wonderful and there is a huge choice. The dining area is very attractive and the pub offers both tables and sofas for drinkers - we would definately stay here again and recommend others to do so. Paul and Christine Brunsdon

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Paul and Christ... B
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My nephew and I stayed here for one night 10th June en route for Scotland. It was an excellent choice. Warm and friendly welcome from Sean who seemed to run everything effortlessly and efficiently. We had good comfortable rooms with en suites, an excellent dinner in the evening and equally excellent breakfast in the morning. Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lawrence N
Reviewed 4 June 2013

breaking down outside this hotel in june 2013 my husband and 5 year old grandson entered the premises and asked if they could use the toilets the man behind the bar directed them to were they were.my sister son and myself used the toilet as well.we were waiting on the AA to call us back with an estimated time for our car to be assessed then we were going to go back into the hotel to order dinner and a drink until the barman turned aggressive towards our grandchild.our grandchild left the toilet seconds before his dad and he entered the bar area without an adult which we know was wrong of him,when my son came from the toilet the barman was raising his voice to the child calling him a lunitic ,my son did not retaliate as we had no were else to go whilst waiting on breakdown,a customer from the hotel came to see how we were because he thought the barman to be rude and aggressive to us .this is RAC reccommended hotel and look how we were treated,i complained next day only to find this barman is the owner and he was even more abrupt and nasty this is why im writing this review,his loss as 5 meals drinks hotel for 5 people plus breakfasts he missed out on because of his attitude problem

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank paulinefagan40
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Well once again I find myself enjoy the delights of the vintage hotel, this is my 5th time staying here in two and a half years and it could be the good food or the very warm welcome you get or even the extremely clean rooms. I honestly love staying here and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Gareth19780
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Although we don't stay the night in the hotel, my friends and I meet here regularly for lunch. It's sort of equidistant for all of us and after stumbling across it years ago when our usual venue was closed for refurbishment, we have never gone anywhere else. Yes, the decor is dated. But as a previous reviewer stated, so what? Don't be put off by that. The food is excellent, and good value. Every time. Service is good, not too fussy, not too lax. What more can I say? Try it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank StellaandBill
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My friend and I are travelling through Yorkshire and had a brilliant nights stay at The Vintage Hotel in Scotch Corner. We used it to travel into Richmond for the day- very easy on the bus X26 or X27 for (2.60 pounds one way). We arrived to the warmest welcome from the manager who was extremely kind and helpful, who we had been in contact with via phone. He was so welcoming and warm, helping us find the best room to suit our budget. The hotel was gorgeous, decked out in vintage atire. The room was clean, ridiculously comfy bed and spacious (#5). We opted to share a bathroom which was also clean and easily accessible. We enjoyed a Pimms at the bar with the manager, had a lovely chat and learnt all about the history of the hotel. Definitely recommend to stay here, close to Richmond and further travel into the Yorkshire Dales. Beautiful atmosphere, the menu looked yummy too! Great Value for money, especially for us backpackers who had previously been staying in hostels. Will definitely return to the Vintage Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel
#4 of 8 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Inn Hotel
Whashton Springs Farmhouse B & B

Been to The Vintage Hotel? Share your experiences!