I have stayed at the hotel many times now and every time I'm welcomed back by David and his team, the rooms are modern and very clean. The hotel is set in the middle of Richmond which is a lovely market town and is only a stones throw to Catterick.
The food is also amazing and offer a great range of locally produced food and beers.
Looking forward to my next visit in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality of food and menus at the Frenchgate reflect the passion and enthusiasm of the staff. Care is taken to source ingredients locally wherever possible and all our food is all prepared to order. Start with a selection of homemade breads, starters of hand dived scallops, Whitby white crab or carpaccio of local beef, then maybe a loin of Yorkshire lamb together with a confit of shoulder, a fillet of pan roasted halibut cooked to perfection, local game or one of our delicious vegetarian options. Our bar and wine lists match the quality and value of our food. Choose from our superb house recommendations or unique “wine flight” to classic and unusual new world offerings. As well as a range of fine spirits and liqueurs befitting the independent and non corporate feel of The Frenchgate, you can also enjoy a range of both local bottle conditioned ales, and imported beers from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchgate Hotel Richmond
- The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel Richmond, Yorkshire