What a fantastic hotel . We stayed in The cottage on the ground floor which is located outside next to the hotel. Decor is lovely the room as so much charater plenty of space and storage. Bathroom is lovely too again tastefully decorated. Now for the owner David , what a charater , David makes you feel welcome from the minute you step in the door to leaving. Nothing is too much trouble and you can tell he is proud of his hotel and he should be. David is very attentive and funny. The staff are fantastic too best service and again so friendly. This hotel is a real gem . We also dined in the restaurant what an experience, food was amazing on every mouthful you had an explosion of tastecand textures, the chef is superb . The ambiance in the restaurant is just right with excellant service you truly do not want to miss dining here. The overall standard of the hotel is superb in all
rooms. Would I book again...definitely. One last thing I normally struggle sleeping in hotel beds no
t here beds are really comfy slept really well and then served with a fresh tasty cooked breakfast all the food was to a high quality. Thank you so much David and your staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality of food and menus at the Frenchgate reflect the passion and enthusiasm of the staff. Care is taken to source ingredients locally wherever possible and all our food is all prepared to order. Start with a selection of homemade breads, starters of hand dived scallops, Whitby white crab or carpaccio of local beef, then maybe a loin of Yorkshire lamb together with a confit of shoulder, a fillet of pan roasted halibut cooked to perfection, local game or one of our delicious vegetarian options. Our bar and wine lists match the quality and value of our food. Choose from our superb house recommendations or unique “wine flight” to classic and unusual new world offerings. As well as a range of fine spirits and liqueurs befitting the independent and non corporate feel of The Frenchgate, you can also enjoy a range of both local bottle conditioned ales, and imported beers from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchgate Hotel Richmond
- The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel Richmond, Yorkshire