This is a great place to stay, eat and drink. This is a well thought out cocktail of experience and flavour. Some of the best pre dinner drinks. Try simple gin and tonic perfumed with a rose bud. Dinner is a delight of complex flavours. Rooms are committed to style. They are comfortable but rather small. If you prefer the steak and chips with peas/ Corporate style hotel, then you may not appreciate this place. Nothing is ordinary, even the after dinner conversation about rare types of rum with which I was unexpectedly persuaded to end my meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality of food and menus at the Frenchgate reflect the passion and enthusiasm of the staff. Care is taken to source ingredients locally wherever possible and all our food is all prepared to order. Start with a selection of homemade breads, starters of hand dived scallops, Whitby white crab or carpaccio of local beef, then maybe a loin of Yorkshire lamb together with a confit of shoulder, a fillet of pan roasted halibut cooked to perfection, local game or one of our delicious vegetarian options. Our bar and wine lists match the quality and value of our food. Choose from our superb house recommendations or unique “wine flight” to classic and unusual new world offerings. As well as a range of fine spirits and liqueurs befitting the independent and non corporate feel of The Frenchgate, you can also enjoy a range of both local bottle conditioned ales, and imported beers from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchgate Hotel Richmond
- The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel Richmond, Yorkshire