We were warmly greeted by Alice in reception and shown to our room. We had left our bags in the car as it was raining very heavily when we arrived. When the door was opened to the "Mousey Thompson Room" also known as the Bridal Room, we were amazed at the size of the bed! The room was beautiful! I had ordered a bouquet of flowers to be placed in the room for our arrival and I was not disappointed with the size and quality of the flowers. They were gorgeous! We were there to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and have a quiet romantic weekend break together and we made a good choice with the Frenchgate. Alice offered to have our bags taken up to our room when we had collected them from the car after it had stopped raining but we had travelled lightly and only had small bags so we took them ourselves. The bathroom was modern and had a spa bath which we used very soon after unpacking the bags.
We booked a table in the restaurant for 6:30 and we were shown to the bar first of all and offered drinks and then we met David and had a friendly chat before being shown to our table. The food was superb! Well done Chef!
We had a walk around Richmond Market Square afterwards before going back to the Frenchgate to sleep in the very comfortable oak four poster bed.
The breakfasts was also very good quality with us both having a 'Full English' each and very good coffee. We stayed for two nights and we had a lovely stay here and I would love to go back there and we would recommend the Frenchgate to others.
Thank you David and all the staff for making it a memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality of food and menus at the Frenchgate reflect the passion and enthusiasm of the staff. Care is taken to source ingredients locally wherever possible and all our food is all prepared to order. Start with a selection of homemade breads, starters of hand dived scallops, Whitby white crab or carpaccio of local beef, then maybe a loin of Yorkshire lamb together with a confit of shoulder, a fillet of pan roasted halibut cooked to perfection, local game or one of our delicious vegetarian options. Our bar and wine lists match the quality and value of our food. Choose from our superb house recommendations or unique “wine flight” to classic and unusual new world offerings. As well as a range of fine spirits and liqueurs befitting the independent and non corporate feel of The Frenchgate, you can also enjoy a range of both local bottle conditioned ales, and imported beers from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchgate Hotel Richmond
- The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel Richmond, Yorkshire