Bright, spacious, well equipped lodge - great customer service and lovely location - quiet yet very close to richmond, with all the amenities you could want. We had a lovely few days here and will definitely now visit other Natural Retreats sites after this.
The customer service was excellent, from before we even got there, the phone calls and emails before arrival ( local info, recommendations etc) - I got the feeling nothing would be too much trouble. Even got a call to say the lodge would be ready early ( nice touch). Lovely welcome hamper ( free) on arrival, with biscuits, wine!cheese, bread, jam eggs and butter and milk etc in fridge. And the resort manager came to say hello and give his mobile number - a lovely welcome.
The lodge itself ( we were in 17 - one of the premium site lodges) was bright, modern and airy - just like the internet pictures - no nasty surprises or let down. Well equipped kitchen, with everything you'd want if cooking for yourself ( though the local restaurants and pubs are excellent). Free logs for the fire ( with extra available to buy if you want). And a Well designed site , we couldn't even see the other lodges from where we were, just looked out through the floor to ceiling windows on to the lovely countryside view.
Just one word of warning - to make the best use of space, there is no hallway, which means the bedrooms open onto the open space living area. This creates a large airy space, but it does mean that if any in your party will be going to bed or getting up at different times to the others then noise from the living area carries and may be a problem ( I bought ear plugs at boots for a couple of quid - problem sorted!)
Just a couple of gripes that stop me giving this five stars - first, the wifi. No nice way to say this, it is pants! At the best times it was painfully slow, but more often it was so slow that it was unusable, and often there was simply no signal at all. This was a surprise to me as in this standard of accommodation I'd assume a good wifi connection as a given, just as I'd expect hot water, so this was poor - SORT IT!
Secondly, a more minor gripe - the floor to ceiling windows and the views are a huge feature of the lodge so it's a shame not to show them off to their best. We arrived on a lovely sunny night, but unfortunately this showed off the hand prints and other marks on the windows from previous residents. A bit of time spent cleaning the windows would have created a real wow entrance.
Minor gripes though - all in all an excellent stay.
Sent from my iPad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning design, modern open plan living and sustainable build are only a few highlights of these superb residences which offer perfect self catering holidays in the Yorkshire Dales. Having benefited from a complete refurbishment, the interior of each residence has been entirely revamped, incorporating ethical and exquisite design. The lodges are lovingly furnished with bespoke touches such as the exclusively designed sofas and innovative ‘cube’ seats, showcasing colours purposely chosen to compliment and mirror the idyllic scenery. Locally-sourced items have been used wherever possible, from the beautiful sofa cushions to the unusual ‘tree trunk’ bedside tables, just another example of Natural Retreats’ commitment to sustainability. As well as beautifully updated interiors the residences have also benefited from rejuvenated exteriors, enhanced roads and pathways. And, just in time for Bonfire Night, a selection of residences will boast private outdoor fire pits encircled by sunken seating, enabling guests to further appreciate the beautiful backdrop and views across the stunning Swale Valley.The Yorkshire Dales is an area of great natural beauty, offering visitors a real taste of rural England. An ideal location for walking, fishing and mountain biking, breathe in some fresh country air and appreciate the world we live in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales Hotel Richmond
- Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales Richmond