The weather was terrible for the whole week we were there, which might have been a problem in such an outdoor/rural type place, but we loved it. The accomodation was cosy and there was loads to do nearby. I wanted a bit of luxury as a compromise for having a staycation instead of heading for the sun and this worked well. We arrived frazzled after a 5 hour drive, in the drizzle and twighlight and the place looked a bit deserted. When we opened the door however, it was like the bit of The Wizard of Oz where everything turns to colour. The room was toasty warm and there was a hamper full of goodies on the table. Everything was available and user friendly (we were in 13 and it had good wi-fi and instruction booklets for all gizmos). The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.
We walked into Richmond by several routes, mainly because we couldn't be bothered with instructions. Highlights in town were the Geogian theatre, where we got an individualy tailored tour from a volunteer that even kept our seven year old entertained for an hour, a beer festival with a silver band in the market hall and the indoor skate park on a particularly dreich afternoon.
On the negative side, some of the blinds were a bit fragile and the pipe at the back of our toilet leaked. I'm sure this would have been fixed had we phoned about it but we were too busy having fun and a tub under the leak did the trick for us. I would definitly go back as there is lots to do in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning design, modern open plan living and sustainable build are only a few highlights of these superb residences which offer perfect self catering holidays in the Yorkshire Dales. Having benefited from a complete refurbishment, the interior of each residence has been entirely revamped, incorporating ethical and exquisite design. The lodges are lovingly furnished with bespoke touches such as the exclusively designed sofas and innovative ‘cube’ seats, showcasing colours purposely chosen to compliment and mirror the idyllic scenery. Locally-sourced items have been used wherever possible, from the beautiful sofa cushions to the unusual ‘tree trunk’ bedside tables, just another example of Natural Retreats’ commitment to sustainability. As well as beautifully updated interiors the residences have also benefited from rejuvenated exteriors, enhanced roads and pathways. And, just in time for Bonfire Night, a selection of residences will boast private outdoor fire pits encircled by sunken seating, enabling guests to further appreciate the beautiful backdrop and views across the stunning Swale Valley.The Yorkshire Dales is an area of great natural beauty, offering visitors a real taste of rural England. An ideal location for walking, fishing and mountain biking, breathe in some fresh country air and appreciate the world we live in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales Hotel Richmond
- Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales Richmond