Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$187
US$173
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$74
Middleton Lodge(Richmond)
A66 Motel(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewswelcome hamperyorkshire dalessite managerbunny rabbitslodge numberjohn o groatseco lodgefire pitfood hamperfloor to ceiling glassboot roomon arrivallovely lodgeliving spacewood burnerthree bedroomwhite company toiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We decided to book this after reading all (but 1) positive reviews on here - so imagine how our hearts sank when we were told that the only lodge available for our stay was lodge 18, the 1 lodge that had a bad write up on here.

But I have nothing bad to say about it (and I like complaining and nit pick at everything). The lodge was clean, the welcome pack was most welcome (eggs, milk, butter, marmalade, biscuits, coffee & bread) but it was the little touches that made a big difference - ice in the freezer, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, surface cleaner. There was tea, sugar, childrens plates, bowls, cups and cutlery. Toiletries in the bathrooms, plenty of towels, extra bedding. There was even a baby safety gate should you require the use of it (I presume so you could leave the doors open but keep the baby in!)

There were no problems with it being too bright or the curtains not being good enough - my 3 children went out like a light each night (aged 5, 2 and 1) and their rooms were dark enough. There were no smelly drains, food stains on the walls etc.

Lots of wildlife outside (we had a grouse on the decking area one morning!), lovely and peaceful and exactly the type of place advertised.

Will definately be going back, cannot fault.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We stayed at Natural Retreats -Yorkshire Dales over Easter Weekend and had a fantastic time!! Even though all the lodges were occupied it was very quiet and relaxing. The children loved watching all the wildlife from inside and outside. I cannot reccomend this place enough. The lodges themselves were beautiful and i would of quite happily lived permanently in one, even with 2 small children!! They were very spacious and had quality fixtures and fittings. The area was great and there was plenty to do if you so wanted. We preferred to completely chill out while the children played endlessly outside! It definately recharged the batteries!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I booked this place after becoming exasperated at trying to find a countryside property that was also modern and could accomodate six adults and two dogs. What a find!
This place is a real gem, the lodge was one of about 15 on the site but we barely saw anyone else and never heard the neighbours. The lodge (no 10) had three double ensuite bedrooms and an open plan kitchen/dining/living area. The seating and dining table could easily accomodate us all and we were very comfortable for the weekend.
The closest town is Richmond which has shops, restaurants,cafes, etc... We mainly ate in (there is a Tesco about 4 miles away) and cooked our own meals. The kitchen is well equipped and has everything you need. You also recieve a free hamper when you arrive and it is great and has milk, bread, cheese, jam, juice, muesli and other goodies.
There is a resort manager who is on site during the day and seemed happy to help, we checked in early and out late thanks to him.
This is a great place and I would love to visit again, I just wish the weather had been a bit nicer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I don't usually write reviews on TA (but always look at them!) so felt I had to write one for Natural Retreats Yorskshire because it completely excelled expectations! Spent a 3 night break with my 3 yr old daughter, mother and sister for some quality family time in no 17 on recommendation from the reservation team, views superb. The reservation process direct with Natural Retreats was seamless, the staff were very friendly and efficient. Once at the site the same high level of service was obtained from the team, very welcoming, thank you Kelly & team! The lovely welcome hamper was a fantastic bonus....all yummy! All in all, the accomodation is lovely - peaceful, spotless, minimalist and modern yet extremly comfortable. Richmond just one mile away, delightful - went swimming at the Leisure centre and lunch at the Station. Strolling around the town and stopping at the cafe's was all part of the delightful break. Trip out to childrens farm one day on recommendation of Natural Retreats, def worth a visit with the young ones. Recommend to anybody wanting a bit of peaceful luxury in Yorkshire!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Having stayed there with my family recently I can only say my experiences were completely different to those of the other reviewer here. I wasnt completely sure what to expect in terms of location and acomodation other than what I had seen on the website but the residences themselves were just stunning and spotlessly clean. And as for the location itself, its difficult to describe just how amazing it is. The site manager there claimed the view extended to 50 miles and on the sunny days we were lucky enough to enjoy I can actually believe that now. Being able to let the kids have the run of the site, including the woods there was a joy whilst we relaxed on the terrace enjoying the beautiful countryside. This is as far from a holiday site as you can imagine and it barely feels as though there is anyone else there to spoil the tranquility. Having arrived on a friday evening it was also such a nice touch to find a well stocked hamper with local produce which takes away the panick of shopping en route. We also found there were tons of things to do in the local area and to be honest our only regret was not haivng more time to just enjoy the site itself. And the kids adored it too, which means we get to enjoy the holiday even more.
Will definitely be going back for longer next time

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family