All reviews coach house the main house nespresso machine woodland walk clay pigeon shooting tack room cellar bar crisps fig house spa treatments wedding marquee fresh milk in the mini fridge radio playing via secret escapes yorkshire ham snooker room attention to detail
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

From the beautiful grounds to the fantastic food, rooms and service this place cannot be praised enough. There’s not really much else to say other than you really need to visit here. I know we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Other reviewers have fully covered why a stay at the Coach House is so special- lovely staff, beautiful location, stunning comfortable and quiet rooms with lots of little extra touches. Appreciated the little garden seating area attached to each room and the luxury bathroom products, hot and powerful shower, and the books etc available. We had 3 nights on a Secret Escapes deal but it wasn't cheap- total cost over £600 as we had individual rooms.
My only reservation relates to the menu choices which really didn't suit me. We were asked prior to the stay for dietary requirements. I advised that i did not eat meat, would eat fish and was allergic to almonds. However, there were just 2 fish choices- one had almonds on it and the other had meat. The vegetarian option main course had the same ingredients as the vegetarian starter which was a bit odd, I found the price on the first night of £110 for 2 with drinks a bit steep given I had so little menu options. On our third night, we ate there again and I explained I was struggling to find anything suitable and the waiter advised me I should have asked for the vegetarian menu.! He duly fetched this but it was virtually the same as the main menu. I chose the veggie risotto and sweetcorn soup without the chorizo. I am sure the choices were perfectly fine if you ate meat but couldn't see the point of asking for dietary needs before the visit if that had no influence on what was offered.
Having said that, the meals , though not huge, were well sourced locally and very fresh. The breakfast choices were good and the waiting staff very friendly.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Another great night away here. Got the offer again on Secret Escapes. Stayed here last summer and what a coincidence we had the exact same room this time. A garden room with a little patio garden outside space. Really lovely room with Nespresso coffee machine, radio etc etc. Full of nice touches. Fabulous bathroom and toiletries. Very very relaxing. If you add in the delicious food in the restaurant, including breakfast, cocktails in the bar and the relaxing lounge area it all adds up to the perfect night away, for us anyway. Beautiful surroundings and friendly knowledgable staff too. Spot on.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Booked on Secret Escapes for one night bed and breakfast. What a beautiful place. So close to the A1 but you’d never know it! So peaceful and quiet! Room was lovely and the bathroom amazing! Ate in the Coach House restaurant and the food was amazing. Staff lovely and friendly. Breakfast was first class too!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We've stayed in one of the Garden Rooms on the Middleton Lodge estate twice now, and it's become my favourite place to visit, I'm already looking forward to our next trip

Very accessible, just off the main road and well signposted, as soon as you enter the gates, you know that you are somewhere special.
From the pleasant, friendly check-in staff, through to the amazing bar staff and waiting staff, everyone is very accommodating, nothing is too much trouble for them.

The Garden Rooms are perfect. Set in the grounds, and although joined together, there's such a feeling of privacy, with your own small garden with a table and chairs to sit out at.

The rooms are amazing. Huge, comfy double bed and loads of storage space. The bathrooms are incredible, with fabulous showers and some beautiful Noble Isles smellies (which are available to buy in the shop on site).
Each room has a TV and DAB Radio, and a Nespresso machine, with various capsules as well as tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh milk, orange juice, still and sparkling water, crisps and home made biscuits. There's a fridge so everything is kept chilled.
There are books in each room, aswell as local magazines and lots of information about the area.
Beautifully soft robes and slippers are also supplied.

We ate in the restaurant on both occasions and the food was perfect. The steak is incredible and no steak knife needed either, it's tender and moist and tastes like a dream
A great selection of wines and gins at the bar, and sitting in the lounge with a pre dinner drink was a delight.
Breakfast was amazing; such a choice of cereal, fresh fruits, yoghurt plus fresh, cooked to order food too.

The grounds are lovely and the new walled garden is really well done. Cycle hire is available too.

The perfect get away from it all break

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple