We stayed in 14 B&B's and lodges, each for one night, during our Coast to Coast walk in autumn 2009. Winner was the Keld Lodge. At the bottom was Pottergate in Richmond. Is it fair to rank a place on the basis of one night? Perhaps not, but first impressions sometimes mean a lot.
Streonshalh B&B ranks number 4 out of our 14 places, really very good. Kevin and Debbie were extremely helpful, pleasant, and delightful hosts. Our first room, a twin en suite, was quite nice and comfortable. Then I had to move to a single, and it was incredibly tiny, almost claustrophobic. Fortunately, I spent only one extra night there. The Streonshalh is a two- or three-block walk from the village of Robin Hood's Bay, good because we were out of the hustle and tourist-loaded streets. Kevin and Debbie did my laundry and charged only a small amount. That was above and beyond the required. All in all, a perfect place to end a long and tiring 192-mile walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer clean, quiet, comfortable accommodation and can cater for parties of up to 10 people. Hikers welcome, packed lunches available on request. Free Wi-Fi connection. Streonshalh has 6 en-suite letting rooms, consisting of doubles, twins, and singles. We have 4 double rooms, 2 have King Size beds and 2 have 6' Super King size beds. All rooms have flat screen TV/DVD players. 2 of the double rooms can be twin rooms and we have 2 dedicated single rooms with 3' beds. Discount on bookings of 3 or more nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Streonshalh B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Streonshalh Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Streonshalh Bed And Breakfast
- Streonshalh B&B Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire