We stayed at the Wayfarer for two nights from Monday 10th of September to Wednesday 12th of September 2012. We arrived about half an hour before 2pm (check in time) On arrival I was greeted by Lucy although we were early she was happy to book us in, she then took me up to my room and showed me around. I recieved my Key and was good to go I then said we travelled by car and she gave us a parking badge that could be used at either of the car parks (one across from the Grosvenor Hotel or One across from the Victoria Hotel).
We were given room 3 which wasa double room with ensuite and a balcony situated to the front of the building above the Bistro and facing the main road. Very comfortable bed with a chocolate on the pillows, the best shower I have ever had, Toiletries included Shower Gel, Shampoo and Conditioner and also soap. On the Monday night we could not eat at the Bistro has it was closed so we ate down the road.
Tuesday Morning breakfast is served between 8.30am to 9.00am recieved a warm welcome from the Chef and also from Chris we sat next to the window so we could watch the world go by. Breakfast was Fresh squeezed Orange Juice along with a variety of breakfast cereal, fresh fruit salad and a selection of Yoghurt. There is then the cooked full english, Makeral and smoked Salmon. Chris took our order whilst i was having my Cereal two full english please he fetched our tea in teapot along with hotwater, Coffee came in a cafetiere and we also got toast. When the breakfast came it was piping hot and cooked beautifully.
On Tuesday night we ate in the Bistro this meal has to be in the top five best meals we ever had.
Starters:- Queen Scallops and Crab, Tiger Prawns with Chilli
Mains:- Monkfish and prawns with samphire and chilli along with creamed leeks, carrots, broccoli and new potatoes.
Dessert:- Cheese Board with a vast selection of crackers (this is enough for two) Chocolate Brownie and Icecream.
Service was flawless and nothing was too much trouble.
One thing to point out we were on the front with the Bistro underneath we sleep with our window open but we can safetly say that you could not hear any noise coming from the Bistro or the road so do not let this put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally the 'Top Shop' in Robin Hood's Bay, the Wayfarer has been lovingly restored as a bistro to a very high standard. Owners Chris and Lucy Hutchinson have created the perfect atmosphere in their Bistro with original wood floors and antique pine tables mixed with a contemporary decor. The menu changes every month and the specials board is changed daily. The Wayfarer also provides cozy accommodation. Newly completed, it offers en-suite bedrooms, with a high standard of service, delicious meals and exceptional value for money in a relaxed candle lit setting, it's perfect for a romantic get away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- The Wayfarer Bistro And Guesthouse
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire