Stayed at the Wayfarer last weekend and were really happy with our choice. After scouring websites a few weeks ago looking for a family break in a caravan park, I decided to opt for 2 rooms in a Guest House instead and was so pleased I did. Both rooms were comfortable and our room in particular was excellent with a lounge area aswell. The boys had a twin room across the landing and they were very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and I totally agree with all the reviews, food and service was excellent. The kind of place where you have your table all night and enjoy all 3 courses in a lovely atmosphere. If I had just one criticism (and I,m scraping the barrel here!) it would be to have more choice on the menu for older kids who are fussy eaters! However, scampi saved the day (as I really wanted to eat there!) and they really enjoyed it.
Thank you to he hosts who were very welcoming and do an excellent job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally the 'Top Shop' in Robin Hood's Bay, the Wayfarer has been lovingly restored as a bistro to a very high standard. Owners Chris and Lucy Hutchinson have created the perfect atmosphere in their Bistro with original wood floors and antique pine tables mixed with a contemporary decor. The menu changes every month and the specials board is changed daily. The Wayfarer also provides cozy accommodation. Newly completed, it offers en-suite bedrooms, with a high standard of service, delicious meals and exceptional value for money in a relaxed candle lit setting, it's perfect for a romantic get away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- The Wayfarer Bistro And Guesthouse
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire