This is the first time we've eaten in a bistro and had the food rushed in front of us.
Barely had we finished our first course when the next one quickly appeared and this seemed to be the case for everyone else in this restaurant. Not only did this feel like a fast-food experience, get them in, get their money and get them out, but the food was distinctly ordinary too and we expected far better for the price.
Also, we chose this place after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Maybe some of them should be taken with a pinch of sea salt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally the 'Top Shop' in Robin Hood's Bay, the Wayfarer has been lovingly restored as a bistro to a very high standard. Owners Michelle and Neil Mosley have created the perfect atmosphere in their Bistro with original wood floors and antique pine tables mixed with a contemporary decor The specials board is changed daily. The Wayfarer also provides cozy accommodation. Newly completed, it offers en-suite bedrooms, with a high standard of service, delicious meals and exceptional value for money in a relaxed candle lit setting, it's perfect for a romantic get away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- The Wayfarer Bistro And Guesthouse
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire