Having to abandon our camping trip due to bad weather, my husband and I decided to try and find a B&B for one night in Robin Hoods Bay. Lucky for us the Wayfarer had had a cancellation - just one room available for that one night (although the Bistro was full to bursting - so we had to eat elsewhere that evening). The room, although on the top floor and with a sloping roof, was one of the most comfortable and clean rooms we have ever stayed in - modern, fresh and with all mod cons (including flat screen TV). After a good nights sleep we were treated to a wonderful breakfast (no wonder the Bistro was so full the evening before - the food was fabulous!). Cereals, fresh fruit/salad, yoghurts, tea, coffee, toast and a choice of full English or other hot alternatives. My husband's full English was plentiful and my smoked salmon and poached eggs were delicious! All this made complete by the warm and friendly hospitality of the hosts - Chris and Lucy. We shall certainly try to book there again and would recommend this hostelry to anyone who finds themselves in this wonderful part of North Yorkshire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally the 'Top Shop' in Robin Hood's Bay, the Wayfarer has been lovingly restored as a bistro to a very high standard. Owners Chris and Lucy Hutchinson have created the perfect atmosphere in their Bistro with original wood floors and antique pine tables mixed with a contemporary decor. The menu changes every month and the specials board is changed daily. The Wayfarer also provides cozy accommodation. Newly completed, it offers en-suite bedrooms, with a high standard of service, delicious meals and exceptional value for money in a relaxed candle lit setting, it's perfect for a romantic get away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- The Wayfarer Bistro And Guesthouse
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire