Having been thoroughly disappointed by the Fish and Chip shop in the village we chanced upon the hotel. What a wonderful welcome, what superb service, what a delicious cup of tea and Fish and Chips to die for. The bar man took our order by simply listening to us from his side of the bar and within 10 minutes 7 enormous haddock and chips, non greasy and with frozen petit pois were set down infront of us. Delicious and just the perfect ending to our 100 mile walk from Grassington to Robin Hoods Bay. We had to leave two of our party for an hour whilst we rearranged our car movements, no problem they continued to be made welcome until our return. With this sort of expected Yorkshire welcome they should do well, I certainly hope so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Hotel is situated in the most prominent position in Robin Hoods Bay overlooking the bay itself. Built in 1897 purposely as a hotel. It boasts large guest rooms, all en-suite with the majority having a sea view. It has a sea view restaurant, coffee shop, public bar, children's room and serves meals throughout the day. This family run business is a gem on the east coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Victoria Hotel Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire