We had our wedding reception at the Victoria in May 2012, after a ceremony at Swell in the lower bay, and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We had struggled to find our perfect venue but from the first time we met Andrew, the owner, we knew this was the place!
Nothing was too much trouble for Andrew and his friendly team. We had visited various venues where you had to have their four course banquet, you couldn't have fireworks, their dj picked the music etc, but Andrew essentially let us build the wedding we wanted and was able to accommodate all our requests (which weren't too outlandish by the way). We wanted an informal barbecue and he sorted us out with a fantastic spread from Radford Butchers in Sleights. He was able to get us a wonderful little retro ice cream trailer stocked with tasty Ryeburn ice cream, which was a real hit despite the chilly conditions... And because we got married on the first Sunday of the month, when the Seaman's Mission traditionally fires the village cannon from the hotel garden on the cliff top, Andrew even fixed it for me to fire the cannon on our arrival at the hotel after the ceremony!
The whole team worked to make our day perfect. They seemed to genuinely care that we had a great day and whenever we visited the hotel in the run up to the wedding, all the staff seemed to share our excitement - asking us how the planning was going and telling us they couldn't wait. We booked out all the rooms for our guests for the two nights either side of the wedding, and our family and friends were really taken with the hotel's location, friendly atmosphere and wonderful service - both sets of parents have already booked return visits. All in all, the enthusiasm and passion of the hotel staff, coupled with the stunning views and location, make this place extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Hotel is situated in the most prominent position in Robin Hoods Bay overlooking the bay itself. Built in 1897 purposely as a hotel. It boasts large guest rooms, all en-suite with the majority having a sea view. It has a sea view restaurant, coffee shop, public bar, children's room and serves meals throughout the day. This family run business is a gem on the east coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Victoria Hotel Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire