Very impressed on arrival at the hotel ,young lady on reception , very helpfull and pleasant .Room clean with sea view . Decided to have dinner in the restaurant .Ordered chicken and was told it would take a few minutes longer than normal , 45 minutes later arrived ! very small portion , also ordered belly pork not very well cooked at all .Ordered pudding and custard very small amount of custard ! Also ice cream sundae no fruit! And the ice cream had chunks of ice in it . Mentioned politely to one of the waiters who said he would pass our complaint to the duty manager needless to say this was not done ! Following morning went for breakfast at 9 we had to ask the waitress where we could sit ! No proper explanation of what was served and what was self service and did not ask our room number?.Breakfast seemed fine until we ate the sausages which did not taste as it should !!! mentioned to the waitress who took them away did not follow up with us at all . Checked out , receptionist not interested in our complaint , and clearly not aware of it !!! Left very disappointed , after being very impressed on arrival !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Hotel is situated in the most prominent position in Robin Hoods Bay overlooking the bay itself. Built in 1897 purposely as a hotel. It boasts large guest rooms, all en-suite with the majority having a sea view. It has a sea view restaurant, coffee shop, public bar, children's room and serves meals throughout the day. This family run business is a gem on the east coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Victoria Hotel Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire