We were impressed from start to finish with how helpful, cheerful, flexible and accommodating Andrew and all the staff were. They went out of their way to make it the day We wanted. Andrew was flexible in his approach and we never felt that we had to stick with a hotel package or agenda. We got married outside and had a BBQ in the garden. The food was amazing and really good value. The whole wedding was great value for money. The whole day went really smoothly and felt really relaxed. much of this was thanks to Andrew and the staff. we chose the Victoria as we love the view from the rooms and garden, and this really was the perfect backdrop and we got some stunning photos. The rooms are of a very high standard spotless and just right for the wedding. It was amazing getting ready looking out to sea.
Communication was great in the lead up to the wedding, with prompt responses to emails and questions. Andrew had some great ideas and recommendations (especially the florist who did an amazing job and decorated the pagoda beautifully). We live in Leeds but never felt that we were hindered by the distance - again, mostly thanks to Andrew. the personal touches were fantastic - Andrew brought me breakfast the morning of the wedding and was full of good wishes. The suggestion to use the family room to have a quiz the night before the big day was a great success.
I offloaded gifts for the mothers best man and children onto the staff and all of this was organised for us. We didn't have to worry about anything on the day. Andrew's wife even set the tables and decorated the venue with the random trinkets I had brought - very creative.
The only thing on reflection I would have done differently - had less tables in the room for the ceidlhli. It still worked really well and not bad if that is the only thing you would change.
A big thank-you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Hotel is situated in the most prominent position in Robin Hoods Bay overlooking the bay itself. Built in 1897 purposely as a hotel. It boasts large guest rooms, all en-suite with the majority having a sea view. It has a sea view restaurant, coffee shop, public bar, children's room and serves meals throughout the day. This family run business is a gem on the east coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Victoria Hotel Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire