“Excellent base!”

Station Waiting Rooms Loft
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robin Hood's Bay
Station Waiting Rooms Loft
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent base!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We really liked the loft and its helpful owner, Rob. The views over the Bay were lovely, there is lots of light and the roof windows open easily for bags of fresh air. The locality is full of interesting places to see and it's an all-age area. We loved the North Yorks Moors Railway! The Loftv makes an excellent base, clean, comfortable and well appointed. We had a brilliant week.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet and secluded base for a holiday, this is it. If you want noise and bustle - you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have stayed at the loft a couple of times with my family in the last 16 months, but decided to travel solo this time for a few days of tranquility before Christmas. From the moment I stepped back into the loft I felt as if I had come home. I agree with other reviewers, the loft is an ideal base for exploring the area, but more than that it is so comfortable you actually want to spend time there relaxing, preferably with a glass of wine looking out of those wonderful velux windows with their magical view of the Bay. I watched the sunrise one morning from the window and was thus encouraged the next morning to journey down to the beach to see the sun come up. Cold, but wonderful.

The Loft is as unique as it is comfortable, well designed and thoughtfully equipped. The bed was most comfortable and I slept very well. The shower is excellent and the heating very efficient at warming the place up very quickly. I can't give enough praise to Sarah, the lady who cleans up after everyone, everything was perfectly clean and sparkling, she does a very thorough job indeed, which all adds to the welcome of the place.

As for Robin Hood's Bay itself, I have used the word before, magical. From the history, the shops to the pubs (the Fylingdales Inn deserves a mention, outstanding food), the walks on the cinder path and the Cleveland Way, the beach..... I could go on and on. I fell in love with Robin Hood's Bay many years ago, and now that I have discovered the Loft, which is the most perfect place to stay, I know I will come here as often as I can in the future.

Oh by the way, no review on the loft would be complete without a mention of Mr Robert Rymer, the owner of the Loft. Rob makes everyone welcome and can't do enough for you. No matter how busy he is, he takes the time to make sure everything is perfect for his guests. Very friendly and easy to talk to, a wonderful host.

Thank you for everything.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth B
Flintshire
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have just spent a few nights at The Loft and can only give high praise. Robin Hoods Bay is extremely pretty too and well worth a visit.
Many thanks.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Graham L
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We spent another very happy New Year at The Loft - our fourth time. Set above RHB village it is a peaceful and comfortable location with unique and lovely views, but within easy reach of the village, beach, pubs and tearooms. Rob is the perfect host, always providing helpful and friendly advice. A real home from home!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cravenj
Sheffield
Reviewed 12 February 2010

The Loft was a wonderful place to stay. All the rooms have character, I really liked all the exposed beams and brickwork (particularly on the wall between the living space and the bedrooms... lots of bricks and larger stonework). The velux windows are great for letting in light and the two in the living room that look out towards the sea are amazing - they split in the middle and open upwards and outwards and make mini balconies. A perfect place to stand in the morning with a cup of tea enjoying the views (with a scarf mind - it might be beautiful but it was still January!).

You get a gorgeous view over the sea and lovely views of the sun rising... if I can work out how to upload photographs I'll put one or two up.

The Loft had everything we needed for our weekend and i can't think of anything that we would have needed had we been there for a longer stay. There was also a DVD player which wasn't mentioned on the website which was handy for playing CDs on (and DVDs too of course!).

A couple fo reviews have mentioned the owner Rob and I'll echo their comments - he was very helpful when I was planning our break and I got the impression that he'd have helped us out with anything we needed during our stay that he didn't sort out at the start. "Never intrusive but very welcoming" was someone elses comment and that sums it up well I think, apart from a friendly hello when we bumped into him in the Bay he just let us get on with our holiday.

The only negative comment I have is that on the second morning the shower wasn't very warm but that won't stop me giving The Loft 5 stars (especially as the shower was very warm the first day so it might have been a one off or to do with the very cold weather).

Perhaps the best recommendation I can give is that we would definitely stay again and will probably be trying to get back during 2010.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SheffieldZebra
UK
Reviewed 13 May 2009

A very comfortable loft conversion for a couple, plus one young person, with views over the village to the sea & parking outside.
Big lounge & divided off roomy kitchen with 2 bedrooms-1 double & 1 single.Separate toilet/washbasin room. Shower cubicle in the double bedroom .Washing machine & dryer. Bedlinen provided.
The single bedroom has a half height low door so entry & exit is very difficult for the less agile .

We would stay again.

3 Thank mosman03
Hull
Reviewed 9 April 2009

My favourite place to come on holiday. Gorgeous views from huge velux windows over the bay and countryside-watch the weather come in and the sun and moon rise over the sea. Great base for walking and /or touring. Local pubs are great-lots of music of all varieties.
What makes it perfect is Rob's hospitality, never intrusive but very welcoming.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
#5 of 30 in Robin Hood's Bay
YHA Boggle Hole
YHA Boggle Hole
#1 of 3 in Fylingthorpe

Been to Station Waiting Rooms Loft? Share your experiences!