“Good All Round”

The Victoria Hotel
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went to a surprise birthday party here. Great location with fantastic views across the bay, good beer on tap, great service and the buffet they put on was spot on. If I'm ever back in RH's Bay I'll be going back. Highly recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had lunch here this week. The setting is lovely, sitting in the garden overlooking the bay, however, we were not particularly impressed with the service or food that we received. We placed our order, eventually, at the bar. It was a sunny, warm day and the bar was packed and there was just one person serving drinks at the bar as well as taking lunch orders. The food was pricey for what we received. The sandwiches were on sliced white soggy bread and the crab lasagne, whilst tastey, was very small.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We are staying in beautiful Robin Hoods bay and ventured up the hill to eat in the Victoria Hotel. The restaurant was open with two free tables. But for some unknown reason they would not put the two tables together to accommodate our party of six. A little dumbfounded by their refusal to accept a perfectly sensible request I asked if we could sit elsewhere in the hotel and be served the restaurant menu. They would allow us into the empty and rather ugly bar, but nonsensically we could not be served the restaurant menu in the bar area.

Following the Hotel's senseless inability to serve us we walked a little further on to the Grosvenor Hotel and had lovely meal served by wonderful and accommodating staff. They saw us walk in and joined two tables without us having to even ask. The Victoria Hotel is at the bottom of the rankings for Robin Hoods Bay for a very good reason. Do not go there, walk on by to the Grosvenor.

2  Thank Raycambar
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Sitting in the lovely garden enjoying a tasty dish of scampi and chips. Very pleasent.
It's boiling hot and they've kindly brought out some water for our dogs 10/10.
We haven't stayed here but looking at the reviews .....I would!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I went there 2 evenings. Wednesday 26th and Friday 28th on the recommendation of our B&B. Good food on both evenings. Very lively. One point is that the food arrived within 10 minutes of order, this fast service is needed as walkers from all directions come here. I had a crab salad, my wife had scampi and chips, so 10 minutes was very quick, with the pub quite busy on both evenings. Also the beer is wonderful. I would recommend this place to all who visit.