The Grosvenor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Victoria Hotel(Robin Hood's Bay)
View Hotel
The Bramblewick(Robin Hood's Bay)
Raven Hall Hotel(Ravenscar)
  • Pool
Larpool Hall(Whitby)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewstuesday nightbar mealsthe pubsteak piepay and displayfour nightssteak nightlast minute tripcask alesgood sized portionsonion ringspublic car parkmashincluding breakfastbathroom doorvegetarian optionslovely hotel
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Grosvenor Hotel is definitely a place that I would recommend to anyone to go and stay. We stayed there for 5 days and had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The Grosvenor Hotel is situated in the lovely village of Robinhoods bay, the views are really beautiful and there are plenty of walks to go on. Our room was a really nice and a very clean ensuite double, we had comfortable a very comfortable bed, I had a great night’s sleep.
In the evening we eat ate in the bar/restaurant, there were lots of option to choose from, the meal was lovely and great value as the portion sizes very really big. In the morning I enjoyed a full English breakfast, will all the cereal, toast and coffee I wanted, it lasted me until tea time.
There are plenty of things to do in the day time, either in Robinhoods bay or in Whitby etc… On the Tuesday evening we spent the evening in the bar as there was a local singer and band playing called Steve Philips and the rough diamonds (I think that’s right?) there were excellent, there was a really good atmosphere.
The staff very friendly and were more than happy to help with whatever you needed.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we certainly will be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went here for food after finishing the Coast to Coast walk. Food was great, but the pub got very noisy, and on top of that, a band was going to play, so even more people came in, so we tetreated to our B&B. As stated, the food was great, and I'll surely return, the beers were on a par with the food, and the staff were very attentive.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Have had a drink in the Grosvenor on several occasions but never eaten, so I thought I'd put that right with a lunch - time visit after a brisk and thirst inducing walk from Whitby along the rail trail.I had cod and chips from the menu and the meal took quite a while to arrive for which the waitress was very apologetic but it was no problem as I was in no hurry and was enjoying the beer - well kept and served at the perfect temperature.The meal was substantial, freshly prepared, nicely cooked and presented with REAL CHIPS.At £ 8.95 for the food and £ 3.00 a pint, it represented good value.This family friendly venue is clean and tidy ( toilets spotless ) and the staff pleasant and efficient.Overall a pleasing experience.Well worth a try if you're in RHB and fancy a pub lunch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After leaving a weekend wedding in Durham we decided to have a last minute trip to Robin hoods bay for a coastal walk or two. The Grosvenor hotel was offering last minute booking at £50 for two, we had a large family room with large modern en-suit,excellent value.The evening meal was substantial with good fresh vegetables again good value, i would eat here regularly if local.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Just had a lovely 4 day break at this fine hotel, Could not of been better. The food was excellent. And the Service was great, friendly staff and lovely clean rooms. If you like good music I recommend you go see Steve Phillips and the Rough Diamonds who play on a Tuesday night. TOP CLASS musicians and for free! The Sunday night Quiz is a must, and drop us balls game is a great laugh.
Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013