The Bay Hotel
US$184
US$196
US$96
  • Bar/Lounge
Victoria Hotel(Robin Hood's Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Bramblewick(Robin Hood's Bay)
  • Beachfront
Hudsons(Whitby)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe pubcumberland sausagedogs welcomefriendly barsea lappingno alcohol licencecod and chipskipperscoast to coastfitting endreal firesteep roadlovely sea viewsfantastic locationthe clifflovely foodwell worth a visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A last minute decision to visit Robin Hood Bay. Our last visit was 40years ago. I could not believe my luck to find a vacant room on a Sunday night right on the edge of the shore. The view from the bedroom was right down the beach and the view from our private bathroom(not en-suit) was even better! The evening menu was limited, so we settled for the haddock and chips...the best I've ever had. A good friendly bar with the result that I drank more than I should have done. A memorable break.

Room Tip: Book before you go. I was lucky...it's a hell of a walk back up the hill to get your luggage!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell M
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Went in for a meal with the family, was very nice food, but the tables could have been cleaned! It was however very busy so maybe this is understandable. It's a great place to go and theres some great views of the bay from the bar.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank luk3taylor95
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great! Room was fine and very clean. The view was just amazing. Everyone working there was very pleasant and accommodating and breakfast was great. I'd recommend it.

We didn't eat here but the food looked fine. It gets busy but is very much the kind of place where you all squash in, wet coats, kids, dogs, the lot!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FayeMar
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Ok i'm prejudiced, I admit it - I've loved RHB since my first trip at the age of 5 and been back many, many times since. The light on the beach in foul or fair weather is seldom the same twice and mornings and evening s can be especially magical as the tide reveals and conceals the treasure of the many rockpools.

The bay hotel pub itself is the very best kind of seaside pub. An honest pleasant unfussy welcome a small range of really well kept beer and decent grub at a reasonable price.
Food service is brisk and the meals hearty, filling affairs with predominantly local ingredients. Just what you need after a day on the beach.

The rooms are small, spotless and gifted with views that stay with you for ever. (Grab room number one if you can for the most stunning of the views but be aware you may have to book a l o n g way ahead to get it!).

One thing you might like to bare in mind is this. The Bay is smashing in Summer and stunning in Winter. Go out of season, take your warm coats and hats and enjoy the splendour of the place and the pub without a million other visitors jostling around. You've more chance of a room at this time of year and the chance to work (almost) alone on one of the finest beaches in England.

Room Tip: Book Early. Really early. Get room number one if you can and enjoy a sweeping vista of the Bay, the cliffs, the sands and "Way Foot" the area just before the sea at the bottom of the bank. Magical.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Quite_interesting
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I love this place. We have been back many times since my first review in February. It is in beautiful surroundings, the view from the bedroom windows is breathtaking, the sound of the sea crashing onto to the wall below the windows cannot be beaten. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, they all want to go that "extra mile" to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Even when the pub is very busy (which it often is as it is so popular) the wait is never very long. The breakfast is delicious and the portions are very generous, you certainly dont need lunch when you have had the full english! The car park at the top of the hill is very reasonable at £5 for 24 hours. And this ticket can be used in any of the borough of Scarboroughs car parks. So if you want to park in Whitby, Filey, Scarborough or any of the little seaside places in between it can be used. Brilliant idea.

I cannot find anything wrong with the Bay Hotel, I absolutely love it, my only problem is we cant get in as often as we would like as it is booked up!

Room Tip: Room 1 is the biggest and the best. Room 2 has a lovely big private bathroom which is not ensuite so take your dressingown. Room 3 is lovely too. All have sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple