“Fabulous food!!!”

Smugglers
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Smugglers Bistro and Bar is a candle-lit Bistro and bar. Situated just meters from the dock the smuggling history of the bay is brought to life in our wonderfully romantic restaurant. Specialising in fresh seafood and locally sourced meats we offer a range of dishes. Our cosy Bistro and wine bar offers a range on Gins and fine wines in an adult only area.
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had an absolutely fabulous meal here last Saturday, 2nd June. The starters were fab..my husband had Thai fishcakes and I had dressed crab, oohh my mouth is watering just thinking about it!! Followed by mains of: Seafood Platter for him and Smoked Haddock in a cheese, wine and garlic sauce for me. It was simply divine!! The prawns on my husband's main were the best we'd ever tasted (yes I stole some lol) and so were the mussels :) In fact it was all great!! It's a superb little bistro with great decor and ambience. The service was spot on, attentive but without being 'in your face'. All in all a great evening out and can't wait to come back next time we visit 'The Bay' :))

• Visited June 2012
lisa W, Owner at Smugglers, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review my bistro.

I am so pleased you enjoyed Smugglers.

I look forward to you calling in again sometime.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Superb seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed for a week and only went for a meal on our second last night....wish we had gone earlier! The prawns I had were possibly the best I have ever had, service was good and the candlelit restaurant superb. Prices were reasonable and I couldnt fault anything. The best restaurant in The Bay without a doubt. You need to book though - every table was full.....with good reason.

• Visited May 2012
lisa W, Owner at Smugglers, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am so pleased you enjoyed ''Smugglers'' Having good guests make all the difference.

I look forward to seeing you again soon in The Bay.

Thanks again
Nelson, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Friendly service in a very intimate and relaxing atmosphere. The food was excellent even our very fussy son said it was the best meal he had ever had! It's so lovely to see the place open as a restaurant again, we've really missed eating there on our trips to RHB.

• Visited April 2012
lisa W, Owner at Smugglers, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Thank you for your comments. we hope the other customers will also put reviews on to help future customers know that we are here and open.
Thanks again, Lisa, Smugglers.