“Very good, room for impriovement”
Review of Smugglers

Smugglers
Price range: US$14 - US$49
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smugglers Bistro and Bar is a candle-lit Bistro and bar. Situated just meters from the dock the smuggling history of the bay is brought to life in our wonderfully romantic restaurant. Specialising in fresh seafood and locally sourced meats we offer a range of dishes. Our cosy Bistro and wine bar offers a range on Gins and fine wines in an adult only area.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had booked, thank goodness as only small place which I don't think has it's own toilets - odd. Anyway both had surf and turf from the specials board. It was a huge portion, but I would rather have had less and better steak. No real taste to it and over cooked (asked for medium rare). The prawns and mussels were excellent. Service was good and chef adapted our dish as we are gluten intolerant. Expensive £70 for two - just two mains and bottle of wine!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have eaten here and I can safely say the food is amazing. I had the sea food linguini which was simply amazing. I did have a small issue with my meal but the staff sorted it quickly and professionally. The Rioja was lovely and the atmosphere great. My only comment is that the puddings could have been better. I had the Eton mess and was disappointed. Such a shame after such a fab main course. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very welcoming by the friendly staff. Food was excellent and would certainly book again when next in the area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had booked the Smugglers because of the high rating on Trip Advisor. We luckily had booked, which you need to do and were very happy with our meal. We both had the breaded camembert which was lovely and the chilli roasted cod fillet with linguini was one of the best meals we had had in a very long time. We can not recommend this restaurant highly enough as we have had so many bad meals over the years and it was so nice to have one that we enjoyed so much.

2  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good tasty food in atmospheric restaurant. Excellent service and reasonably priced. The seafood was very enjoyable and we would recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning in the future.

1  Thank Paul G