“Wonderful meal”

Smugglers
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smugglers Bistro and Bar is a candle-lit Bistro and bar. Situated just meters from the dock the smuggling history of the bay is brought to life in our wonderfully romantic restaurant. Specialising in fresh seafood and locally sourced meats we offer a range of dishes. Our cosy Bistro and wine bar offers a range on Gins and fine wines in an adult only area.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my wife and daughter
The food was superb service wonderful atmosphere brilliant and location stunning
The staff were friendly and helpful and we have booked again while here on holiday
This is truy a great little place

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I ate at smugglers again last night,we love this place.The food was absolutely wonderful,the service excellent.Its pleasure to eat here,it feels really cosy and romantic.We will be going back as soon as we can !!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a little treasure in the heart of Robin Hoods Bay. Both the food and atmosphere are fantastic. The staff were pleasant and attentive. Being by the sea we both had the seafood which did not disappoint. A candlelit table in the window made for a romantic evening. Would definitely recommend the Smugglers if you are staying over in the area but book ahead as it was full when we visited.

1  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal here with my husband on our last night in RHB. We booked during the day and were lucky to get a table, as the restaurant was very busy. The menu is really varied, there's loads of choice. I had cod to start then salmon for my main, both were delicious. My husband opted for mussels followed by surf and turf, which he was equally as impressed with. For dessert, my husband had the cheese board with port, which, while pricey, he thoroughly enjoyed. I made a mistake though and ordered the Eton Mess, the only disappointment of the meal, as it was really just a strawberry ice cream sundae. I'm sure it would've been delicious to someone who like strawberry ice cream but unfortunately I don't. Nevertheless, we had a great meal overall and would return to the Smugglers if we stay in RHB again. Despite what other reviewers have suggested, there is a toilet in the B&B to the rear of the restaurant, you just have to walk outside to it.

1  Thank georgier85
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you are in this area you should really go and see Robin Hood's Bay as it reminded me of being in an old pirate film! Very quaint and olde-worlde!

We spotted Smuugglers on the Friday night and it looked like it had bags of character and was really busy. Thankfully we were able to get a table on the Saturday night and from the moment we walked in it was first class.

The seafood we had was just excellent, perfectly cooked and interestingly presented. Full prawns and very tasty mussels! The lady owner was around for the whole evening and was very interested in ensuring that everything was going well and we were happy.

Come here to imagine that you are sat in an old ship's galley, enjoy beautiful food and plenty of other guests having a good time!

The price was pretty reasonable at around £60 for wine and two courses.

Well done to the Smugglers Crew and keep up the good work!