I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions - the hotel has been recently refurbished with an art deco theme.
As ever, the staff at this hotel, really do deliver excellent customer service. I always get a warm welcome from reception staff. The day after I arrived, it was raining heavily and as I went to get my car and leave for the day, I realised that someone else had parked so closely to me that it was impossible to get into the driver's seat. Despite efforts made by the staff to locate the owner of this car - to no avail and the fact I'm not agile enough to climb over the central console of my car, Kelly, one of the reception staff volunteered to climb over the console and reverse the car out of the parking space for me despite the heavy rain - that's an example of how staff go above and beyond for their guests.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean - bathroom very large.
I really enjoyed an evening meal in the Hotel's Italian restaurant - good value for money. The breakfast is of good quality with a wide range of food on offer. As ever, I got a warm friendly welcome from Stuart.
One ongoing gripe - as a member of the Hotel chain's loyalty programme I should be awarded points not only for cost of the room but also for what I spend in the restaurant & bar. Once again, points for expenditure in the restaurant and bar were omitted from the award necessitating a claim to be made for the missing points - IHG Loyalty members - check your statements carefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Darlington-A1 Scotch Corner is ideally located for both the business and leisure traveller. This landmark hotel is on the junction of the A1 and the A66 near Darlington, and close to the towns of Catterick and Stockton-on-Tees with Middlesbrough just a short drive away. Whether you are visiting the area for a business or leisure stay or simply breaking your journey you can be assured a great stay. You will be staying on the doorstep to the breathtaking Yorkshire Dales and the delightful medieval market town of Richmond. If you are staying a little longer you won't be disappointed. The hotel has 91 bedrooms, an Italian Restaurant and leisure facilities adjacent to the hotel for guests which include a pool and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Darlington a1 Scotch Corner Hotel Scotch Corner
- Scotch Corner Hotel
- Corner Hotel Scotch
- Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner North Yorkshire