Driving up M1/A1 got to stage where needed a good sleep previous nights stay in Leeds not much sleep (clubbing till three, oh I don't drink before you jump to conclusion).
I arrived at Scotch Corner with only a ninety minute journey left, but decided I'd rather pay the Â£79 than fall asleep at the wheel. I was met by a charming young lady at reception, who found me a room and booked me in with the littlest of fuss, explaining everything I needed to know, directing me to my room. The room a standard sort of Holiday Inn room, which was clean, tidy and welcoming (even had a fridge and a kit kat chilling). The TV was superb the sound and quality as good as home, the bed a comfortable double, the heating/air con easy to use, no or little noise from outside. The bathroom was light well decorated, and contained complimentary shampoo, and foam bath the later certainly help take me relax and unwind. No obvious issues with bathroom and I'm not one who goes looking with magnifying glass, the same goes for the room. My only thought at the time was that it was designed for a man.
I was asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow and had a undisturbed sleep, after a good shower, went for breakfast which was a buffet style and a good quality, and unlike a lot of hotels served a decent sausage. I think the girls could crack a smile in the restaurant though, they only seemed to be interested in getting tables clear as soon as
Check out, was the same young lady as check in and she was very pleasant and remembered what we had been chatting about the previous night, which I like
All in all can't really fault the place, but I was only there for B&B, would liked to have used the pool but wanted to get on my way
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Darlington-A1 Scotch Corner is ideally located for both the business and leisure traveller. This landmark hotel is on the junction of the A1 and the A66 near Darlington, and close to the towns of Catterick and Stockton-on-Tees with Middlesbrough just a short drive away. Whether you are visiting the area for a business or leisure stay or simply breaking your journey you can be assured a great stay. You will be staying on the doorstep to the breathtaking Yorkshire Dales and the delightful medieval market town of Richmond. If you are staying a little longer you won't be disappointed. The hotel has 91 bedrooms, an Italian Restaurant and leisure facilities adjacent to the hotel for guests which include a pool and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Darlington a1 Scotch Corner Hotel Scotch Corner
- Scotch Corner Hotel
- Corner Hotel Scotch
- Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner North Yorkshire