The Windmill at Badby
US$72
  • Restaurant
US$50
US$70
All reviewsthe pubfawsley hallfor sunday lunchthatched rooflovely foodfunction roomalesweddingvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here with my husband and a couple of friends whilst on a charity bike ride. Throughout our ride we had stayed at some amazing B & Bs and were really looking forward to our stop at the Windmill as the photos of the rooms looked wonderful. However, both the rooms were dirty, and our room had only 1 set of towels an 1 cup for 2 people, the spare toilet roll basket had alot of dust and dead insects in. The towels were well worn and grey, when I informed a member of staff she eagerly brought new towels unfortunately they were bath mats! The food was good and I really enjoyed mine and would quite happily eat again there. I wound not stay again. The staircase to the rooms could be so beautiful with seating areas for those staying overnight however their were matressess stuffed at the side of sofas and old table tops stored in the window area. On paying for the room I did inform the member of staff (who I think may have been a chef) that the room was dirty and my friend reported his room as having no cold water but he was not bothered not even a sorry. All the B & Bs we stayed at on our ride were of the same price, but the standard was far superior and the welcome at the other B & Bs made us feel that nothing was too much. The Windmill I felt that we were in the way and not valued as customers at all. I think all the staff could do with a customer services update, the potential for the Windmill to be a beautiful place to stay is so high but at the moment I would not return and feel most cheated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank JAKMidlands
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a fantastic evening here on Saturday 5th July for my great aunt and uncle's 50th Wedding anniversary. Food was absolutely delicious and service was fantastic. The room had been put together beautifully with flowers and decorations. Would recommend to anyone!! Thank you for a lovely evening!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Ate out here one Saturday evening whilst visiting the surrounding area, just stumbled on it by chance. A beautiful location with welcoming staff. The pub had two parties in the evening we visited and were fully booked in the main restaurant yet they were very accommodating and managed to squeeze us in as we were there early evening. The food was hot and plentiful and my husbands steak was cooked to perfection. Would definitely visit again if in the area and would ring to book this time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lesley4132
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've eaten here many times and never been disapointed. The Windmill is a very traditional sort of pub - thick stone walls, low ceilings and has a very "village" feel to it. As a hotel it also has a more modern restaurant at the back and the golf society I belong to has held its annual dinner in there very year since Adam was a lad.

As well as traditional bar food (pie, ham and eggs, fish and chips etc) there is a wide range of specials on offer each week.

The staff are freindly and the service quick and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bobcubitt
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stay here on average every 6 weeks. I have slept in all the rooms and every one is individual but excellent, always clean and nothing is to much trouble for the staff. If you want fresh milk for the room they give you it in a flask to keep it fresh. The food is excellent, great value for money and always a great selection of real ales. If you stay on a Wednesday you get serenaded by the church bells. I would highly recommend this place and have taken family there to also enjoy the place. Great location for exploring Badby woods are stunning as is the walk to Fawsley Hall over the hill.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business