“Another great stay at the Malsters”

The Maltsters Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Badby
The Maltsters Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Badby
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Another great stay at the Malsters”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Once again a warm friendly welcome, lovely fresh clean room. Thank you for a lovely family breakfast.( family live in the village and came for breakfast.) You're a great couple and we look forward to our stay new years eve.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Badby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I took my family for a meal out to this lovely little pub when I visited home, I was very pleased with the service. The staff couldn't have been more polite, and the food tasted really good. I'll be returning again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great night great food proper pub atmosphere don't know why people gave bad reviews all I experienced was friendly good service with a smile which makes a refreshing change from past owners all I can say is give it a chance you won't regret it

Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal the new owners went out there way to make us feel welcome and made our evening very special. thank you very much Sarah and Kevin it was really good and you made our anniversary great we will defiantly be coming back in the near future

Stayed October 2013
Midlands
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We used to very much enjoy eating here and I try very hard not to give bad reviews but I am afraid I need to share how disappointed I was with this pub. I guess the fact that it was practically empty when we called in on a Friday lunch time could have given us an idea. The menu was very limited, service very slow and I was given a meal that I had not ordered with the excuse that what I had ordered was not available ?! My husband's meal was poorly presented with very basic mashed potato and vegetables. I ordered another dish but 15 minutes later I was still waiting, my husband had nearly finished his meal and I could not wait any longer so I cancelled my meal. We were still charged full price for what we had had. We felt very let down and won't be visiting again, it's a shame and some teething problems are to be expected when a place is under new ownership but this was not acceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brewscruise
Badby
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We enjoyed our lunch in the cool of the dining room. We had friendly service, and food which
was freshly cooked. Food can be eaten in the bar area , the separate dining area or al fresco in the beer garden. We have also recently enjoyed a hog roast , attended by many people.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David T
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Went with some collegues for lunch. Not a great welcome and lunchtime menu very limited although we were offered the main menu too. We opted for the sandwiches and ordered some chips too. We sat outside as it was a beautiful day. My husband and one collegue ordered a chicken mayo sandwich it came on white bloomer which to the touch felt as if it had been left out, like a sandwich on a buffet that had been out for an hour! They also came with a chunk of iceberg lettuce a quarter of tomato and one slice of cucumber cut in half....the worst side salad i've seen in a long time especially considering we are in mid-summer with so much choice of fresh salad bits about! The two chicken mayo sandwiches we sent back to have the bread changed. One othere sandwich then came out by my other collegue felt reluctant to send it back as we had already sent two back already! My sandwich had a hot filling in so the bread felt softer anyway due to the heat.
The chap came back with the two new chicken mayo sandwiches and said the bread had gone crusty because the chef had put them on hot plates! The plates were not hot when they came out from the kitchen, and if that had been true - which chef puts cold sandwiches and a side salad on a hot plate anyway?
The chips came out and they were very dark in colour and had bits on them like the oil needed changing. They certainly tasted better than they looked!
After this visit I wouldn't be in a hurry to return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank piggy583
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badby
The Windmill at Badby
De Vere Staverton Estate
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Ibis Rugby East
Ibis Rugby East
#1 of 2 in Crick

Been to The Maltsters Country Inn? Share your experiences!