“Fantastic Wedding”

Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crick
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I attended a wedding event here and it was beautiful. The food I couldn't fault and the manager even went out of his way to cater for my partner who is allergic to most foods. The breakfast the next morning was lovely (and not greasy). My only negative was that we didn't sleep very well and found the room to be too hot during the night, even with the aircon on. Other than that, we would definitely come back here even if it's to sample the food again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for a night before the GP. Was allocated a double as booking site didn't send twin request but was swapped to a twin with no problems. As the twin wasn't a deluxe they brought all the extra bits to the room which was a nice touch. As an IHG rewards member I got 10% off drinks along with a few extra goodies which was welcomed. All the staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. Evening meal was well cooked and presented with great service. Buffet breakfast again was well cooked. Service at breakfast was good also. Check out was quick and efficient. I didn't get a chance to use the leisure facilities but they looked good. Will stay again if in the area,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phill T
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and i stayed at this Holiday Inn for 2 nights at the end of june. We were on a special deal through Booking.com. The drive to the hotel, just outside Crick, Northants, was impressive and the hotel is set in impressive grounds. You can walk into the centre of Crick in about 15 minutes and it is a 2 minute drive away. we were on a B&B basis. The room we had was a standard one and it was typically soul-less but very clean. Service too was excellent with the cleaning staff being unobtrusive and efficient as were the restaurant and reception staff. we only had breakfast there as we felt the food prices were a bit high. But breakfast was fine - as with all chain hotels these days it was a buffet style with all the options you could want - hot, continental, cereals, toast, danish patries. The only issue was getting decaffeinated coffe which had to be specially made and was a little slow in coming. The pool at the hotel was good with a 25 metre pool which was kept at about 30 degrees Centigrade and a spa pool at 37 degrees. there was also a sauna (in the changing rooms so separate ones for men and women). Would I stay again. Yes. And Crick is a nice place too, once you get past the industrial estate on the way from the M1 motorway, with 4 pubs (my recommendation is to eat in the Red Lion in the centre of Crick), a pretty church in the centre and a canal. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a last minute booking on a Friday afternoon after our dog sitter let us down. We have never taken the dog to a hotel before so when we saw this was dog friendly we thought we would try it. I explained this to the lady on reception who was I felt a little condescending when I asked for more information regarding the dog as this was a first. She stated I could get to my room by another entrance as I couldn't bring the dog in though public areas and that was it. Could I have left the dog in my room I wondered but didn't like to ask. We proceeded to room which was ok but very cramped with barely room to put the dogs bed although nice and clean with a comfy bed. We had planned to eat out and take the dog with us and then return mid evening to access the internet in preparation for our Saturday meeting. Early dinner in crick worked well with our dog but I was horrified on return to the hotel by the extremely high internet charges and was so incensed I preferred to access via my phone. I have stayed at much lower class hotels and had free internet so expected the same here. I retired to the bathroom to find dirty routing to lower wall tiles although everything else was ok. I looked for information in the bedroom as to breakfast time but no luck. We went for breakfast at about 9am on Saturday after having put the dog in my car as unsure of rules. We proceeded to breakfast where a rather surly girl asked for room number, appeared to tick us off on list, asked if we wanted tea or coffee and walked away leaving us at her desk. We stood there unsure what to do next and decided to sit at a table. Luckily a pleasant young waiter approached us and asked if we had visited before and then advised us re the set up. We selected our breakfast from the self service available but there was only 1 fried egg and 2 halves of tomatoes in the relevant trays and no one appeared to rectify this. it was diy toast and no plates to put it on. On return to our table the teapot and coffee had been deposited but no milk which we had to plunder from another table. When we left the surly girl on the desk was back in position and said nothing to us At no point were we approached and offered more tea or coffee etc. I went to reception to check out and there was a sigh saying I had to phone for reception which I did and then after a considerable wait a member of staff appeared talking on the phone to another customer. He did apologise for keeping me waiting and then produced the bill, he did not ask if everything had been ok or offer any niceties at all. I have never stayed at a holiday inn before and I don't think I will again when there are so many smaller establishments charging less for a better and more friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear LC180660,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our top priority to make sure that our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your overall experience. Please be assured that your comments regarding our rooms, breakfast and the level of service you have received have been taken into serious account. We will certainly use them towards our improvement so we could provide you with a better stay in the future.

I hope you give us a chance of welcoming you back again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 nights break. Found room to be clean and set up nicely to accommodate 9 year old daughter with us. The hotel was having some sort of problem with pool heating so it was cooler than we would have liked and did seem a little grubby in places but it certainly didn't stop us making good use of pool, jacuzzi and sauna.
Food in restaurant both evening and breakfast was lovely. All the staff were very friendly and obliging.
So easy to find, just off the M1.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
James P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! As a Certificate of Excellence winner we love hearing from the people who stay with us. We're glad that you enjoyed the room and that it was all set up and ready for you and your daughter. Unfortunately during your stay we did have a minor maintenance issue with the temperature controlling of the pool which is why it wasn't quite as warm as we would desire, This has been fully fixed now and the area deep cleaned suitably. I'm really glad you enjoyed the food that you had with us, and that all of the service staff treated you perfectly. We'd love to welcome your family back again if you happen to be in the area.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for the Crick boatshow.
Friendly welcome on arrival by Chris, the receptionist, quick check-in.
Nice, spatious room, clean and comfortable. Bathroom could do with a little TLC.
Restaurant manager and his team very professional and attentive. Good cavery deal. Breakfast had good variety. Prompt room service.
Recommend staying here, and will likely return for 2015 boatshow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d_erdmann
James P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hi There!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really do appreciate it!. We hope you had a lovely weekend at the boat show and the time you spent with us. Its brilliant to hear that the staff you came into contact with at the front desk, and also in the restaurant were friendly, professional and attentive to your needs, we always try and put our guests at the heart of everything. Thank you for your comments about the bathroom, our in house maintenance team will pick this up.

It's receiving feedback from guests such as yourself that has resulting in us becoming a trip advisor excellence winning hotel, and we really hope to welcome you back for the same experience next year.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Firstly, I'm an IHG gold card member and stay at Holiday inns around the country. I love the brand but this one needs some serious attention from IHG group.

Check in seemed alright and quick until I got to my room and realised they'd given me a twin rome (basically with two beds fully made as single beds pushed together - not even a zip lock mattress and a double quilt, i mean two singles simply pushed together).
I naturally went straight back to reception to ask why they had done this and apparently, when you click 'DOUBLE ROOM' that doesn't guarantee you one? First I've heard. Simply don't put rooms up on your web site that you don't have.
I was given a number of pathetic excuses ranging from we're fully booked to we over book hotel rooms to compensate for loss of business - None of which contained any sort of understanding or apology that a 6 foot 2 guy would have to sleep in a single bed. I haven't done that since I was 6.

Other terrible points:

-The Air-con didn't work - I had to go to reception 2 times to get any kids of response and again very frosty as if I was putting them out. The manager programmed something from a hatch near to my room and set it to freezing. So although it was on, it was either on and freezing full power of not on at all.

-Room locked me out - To top it off, my room card just stopped working when I returned to my room from eating. I felt nervous going back to reception but had no choice. I went back and the manager frostily came all the way to my rom to try my key and his master key. Hey then went away for ages and came back with an actual metal key. He let me in and said "you won't be able to get back in, you won't be leaving the hotel rom again tonight will you?" - I was too mad to actually answer him and had to just go in the door and close it behind before I lost my cool.

All 3 of these are pretty small problems that should never have happened.

To top this off, I rang yo complaint to the IHG line ad was given points as an apology. would you believe the hotel manager had the cheeky to contact my employer to say I talked to them in a rude manner! I couldn't be more disappointed with this place.

Would I stay again? I don't need to answer that one on this review do I? AVOID.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Basurq

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, customer feed back such as yours is a valuable part of our business. l am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, if you would like to contact the Hotel l am happy to discuss the issues you had.

Thank you again for the review.

Chris Bowron
Operations Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Ibis Rugby East
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Brownsover Hall Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton? Share your experiences!