All reviews executive room national holidays coach party pool and gym leisure facilities small gym the sofa bed reception desk evening meal minute drive ample parking tea coffee family room cooked breakfast motorway junction stopover
Reviewed 4 November 2018

My colleague and I were met by a charming young man at reception who I believe was the leisure facilities manager. He checked us in and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and get us the most appropriate rooms. He was polite, friendly and defiantly made the stay more enjoyable.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had a range of drinks, meals and starters, again the bar staff were all friendly and helpful. The food was of a good standard, It was served quickly and again with a good service attached to it.
The room I stayed in was comfortable and had everything you would need and more for a stay, a very nice walk in shower and comfortable bed. I briefly said hi to the housekeeping on leaving who was friendly and looked happy (which is nice to see for a change at a hotel) and the room had a very high standard in clenliness. I was allowed a late check out and made to feel welcome to stay at the hotel until my colleague returned later in the afternoon to collect me as she had an earlier start. I again had a meal in the bar area with yet again a great service and made use of the pool and facilities.
Thank you to the staff and especially the person on reception.

Room tip: I stayed in 305 on the 1st floor, that was quiet and away from the conference areas etc.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nicholas T
Nicola G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, this is much appreciated. Adrian is our Leisure Club Manager who checked you in, and I will ensure he receives a copy of your great feedback.

We do hope you will stay with us again when you are assured of a warm welcome from our friendly team.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel, friendly staff, pillows and linen fab, great facilities only negative was the bed....Our room had a double and it seemed tiny. We did ask for an upgrade due to a birthday but never got I've.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicola G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton. We are delighted that, overall, you enjoyed your stay.

Our rooms do vary in size, with our Executive rooms being more spacious than Standard category rooms. I'm so sorry that we were unable to offer you a complimentary upgrade to celebrate a birthday but hope you enjoyed the celebrations and will visit us again.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Most important thing about room 122, clean bed, room, shower.

But! Peeling wallpaper, shoddy plastering, drooping thermostat, 2 channels on TV, and clogged shower drain.

The the food in their restaurant. Though it was well cooked, it far over priced. £14.79 for a burger on chip. Come on, is this how you treat business customers.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Nicola G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Ronald v and we are pleased that your room met expectation in terms of cleanliness. Your further comments have been urgently conveyed to both our Maintenance Manager and our Head Housekeeper for their investigation, and for which I offer our apologies.

Despite enjoying your chosen dish, I have noted your comments with regard to our menus which are set for us as a group, and I will share these with our senior management team for their consideration when planning future menus.

We hope your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again and if I may assist you further at any time, please contact me.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

stayed here last weekend with national holidays . loved it ! clean , comfortable , nice food , good staff .modern deco with interesting touches . the only thing wrong was a really small double bed! anyway 10 out of 10 otherwise. well done .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We have noted your comment with regard to the standard double bed and as we are sure you will appreciate, the sizes of some of our rooms would not permit anything larger. We are so pleased that you would choose to score us 10/10 and hope you will visit us again some time in the future!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I wish I knew more of these "directly on my route" hotels for my work travels! This is such a brilliant hotel. Right off the M1 and in the middle of nowhere both at the same time, it's a peaceful retreat.

Experience was great - especially breakfast which was well organised and extremely good value.

Bar is well stocked and there are some great beers on offer.

Fantastic for a little work stopover (working in the bar is very doable) or even as a couple's getaway.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank aviatorleics
Nicola G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, aviatorleics. We are so pleased that our location suited your requirements and you enjoyed a great stay.

We hope you will visit us again when you are assured of a warm welcome from the team.