“you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Rugby East
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crick
GreenLeadersBronze level
east sussex
“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

great value hotel, room nice and clean with everything you should need, bed quite hard, but all in all not bad for one nights stay, we didn't have breakfast or eat in restaurant so unable to comment on this. Not too bad.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

I was pleased that you had a enjoyable stay with us.

Accor are rebranding the Ibis Hotels and one of there commitments is to ensuring that our Guest have a good Night Stay. They are in the process of replacing All Beds in All Ibis Hotels. This will start in August for us.

I hope you are able to stay with us again to try the New Beds

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near Future

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Bath
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Last year I stayed here with a group and the card key mechanism on the door of one of our rooms broke and we were locked out of our room for an hour & a half... we were on a really tight schedule that day and the manager was well aware but did virtually nothing to help us, until eventually the kids who were in that room got so fed up of waiting that they decided to break the door in to get their belongings and leave. I stayed there again with a group last night and they now have signs all over the hotel saying its completely a non-smoking hotel now even though the corridors still smell of cigarette smoke a bit, but after an hour or so one of my clients comes to me and says that someone appears to have placed a sock over the smoke detector in the room... she also found cigarette butts outside the window. She told the receptionist who didn't understand as the receptionist barely spoke English so I spoke to the manager and he told me "it's impossible... housekeeping would have seen it as they cleaned the room today"... I went to the room and brought him the sock in question... in the meantime he appeared to have run away.
It's a shame because it's a really nice hotel, the staff are friendly, the rooms are great and the food is good... they've just got it really wrong... I really hope that other guests don't get treated like we did.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and what you gain from being at the back of the building, you lose being at the f...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your Stay.

I was sorry to hear your feedback and please be assured i have spoken with the team about this.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Crick hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I spent two nights at the Ibis Rugby East following a stay at the Ibis Birmingham airport some two weeks previous. I decided to snap up the meal deal £22 dinner bed breakfast and 24hr internet access.
Where do I begin , starter tepid soup with stale bread ,okay simple things can go wrong .
Next up medium rare steak ? Yep flesh in the insisde flash cooked on the out.
I asked the waitress to take a look to which she responded "you did ask for medium rare.
Yes you are correct however that is not cooked , to which she picked it up walked away.
10min passed and she returned with a new steak of the well done variaty .
I took one bit got up walked to the same waitress at the bar and asked for 4 packets of crips and a beer. I was then charged the in-correct amount for the beer one I had at dinner and the one I purchased at the bar.To add insult to injury they tried to charge me for them again at check out .The following night my starter of mixed platter had plopped on top two FROZEN cold onion rings.Sent back asked for my main only please to which a lamb shank that was surely a ready made frozen food package.The food at this hotel is the worst I have ever eaten any place in the world .The internet access worked a treat DISASTER will never book an Ibis ever again

Room Tip: Never book an Ibis is the best bet ....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest
Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but for some reason this has only just entered my system.
All i can say at this time , is since last year , we have a new team, who try to ensure we give good quality service.
I hope you give us a chance to see that we ahve improved and ask if you could send me a email if you need to be in the area again so we can discuss this further

I look forward to hearing from you
Sharon McEvoy
Maryport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Hotel booked by work room nice and clean, tv coffee making stuff, shower only no bath.
Staff very nice but evening meal was poor, breakfast was fine. This hotel is in the middle of a large industrial estate nothing near by, if you are staying you need a car and eat out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay.

I Was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations.

We have taken on board your comments and introduced new Menus .

I hope this does not deter you from using us again

Once again thank you

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We have family who live 2 miles from this Hotel and so have stayed there a couple of times a year for the last 8 years, but this is the last time. No-one at reception on arrival, child's bed not made up, very poor cleaning and room preparation, one small bath towel.
At breakfast one very overworked staff member dealing with the restaurant as well as check-outs at reception could not ensure there were cups, plates and cutlery in place at the breakfast buffet. It is the cheapest of the chains, but they have economised to a level that is not acceptable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave Feedback regarding your stay.

As the new General Manager we have acted upon this and we ensure that we have the correct staffing levels on at all times. I have spoken with the team about this and have already put in place new procedures to prevent this.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Initial impression of hotel was positive with comfy lounge area and bar where drinks are always availlable. Request for a quiet room was met but the noise from the roads still came through due to window seals which didnt seem to work. Expect to pay £11 in a taxi from Rugby station as the hotel is out of town in the middle of a huge industrial estate. Payed £9 for 24 hours wi-fi which seemed expensive and seems it was very slow represented poor value. Wasn't offered a wake up call or newspaper.

The room:
Positives: Bright, spacious and clean room with sufficeint desk space. Sofa in the room which was a nice touch.
Negatives: 1 of 2 lightbulbs in bathroom was out so wasn't ideal. Room very cold at first as no heating on. Very thin duvet, sheet and mattress. Cups were stained.

Evening meal:
Poor un-attentive service, satisfaction with meal wasnt checked, staff had too many tasks to take on ( Bar & food service)
Garlic bread as starter was fine
Gammon for main course was dry and placed on salad which ended up warm
Cheesecake for dessert wasnt advertised as baked but was okay
Prices were reasonable

Breakfast:
As a paid £3.75 when booked online i cant have any serious complaint although it was party of a poor standard.
Continental selection was excellent and standards above average.
Hot food was awful: Bacon dripping with fat, Hash-Browns which tasted lie cardboard, beans which were warm at best, sloppy 'grilled' tomatoes

Overall stay wasn't very enjoyable due to the poor food, lack of service and little things wrong in the room which all add up to give a poor stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your stay.

I was sorry to hear that we failed you in so Many Ways.

As the New Manager please be assured we are taking on board your feedback and have addressed many off the issue you have raised.

Once again thank you and i do hope you give us a chance again to see that this was a one of experience

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton
Travelodge Rugby Dunchurch
Travelodge Rugby Dunchurch
#1 of 1 in Thurlaston
Premier Inn Rugby North (Newbold) Hotel

Been to Ibis Rugby East? Share your experiences!