“Very tasty food.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very tasty food.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I visited The New Inn last week with my boyfriend just to have a drink by the canal and after seeing the food being brought out to others we decided to come back to try the food. We came back last night at around 7 and easily got a table although there was plenty of other people in there. I decided to have hunters chicken and my boyfriend had the lasagne, we was surprised at the size of the portions and thought around £8 each was worth it. My dinner was lovely and my boyfriend said the lasagne was very tasty. We also had a desert each which was very tasty and very big potions! All the food came out quick and hot by a friendly waitress. We will definatly go again.

2 Thank LouP1982

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Not for children”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were staying nearby and decided to try despite the mixed reviews. My first comment would be that if you are planning to eat outside with your children don't come here! The tables are right on the edge of the lock and being a lock there is no fencing. Despite it being a lovely evening we ate inside.
The food got mixed reviews between the 8 of us. My friend's steak was so tough it was practically inedible and the accompanying portion of peppercorn sauce was very small. My lamb shank was OK but veg was a bit watery, the kids enjoyed their meals.
Nothing special and quite expensive.

3 Thank jellyb104
“Great canal boat Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Great big Sunday roast. Friendly staff and great value. Add the great location and super crackling on the roast pork. Just what we needed after all those locks.
Can't really see what other people are moaning at but then again some people are never happy

2 Thank Richard C
“Not a pleasant experience landlord!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What a muppet the landlord is! This place could be a great destination pub but having been met with a NCP car park attendent attitude about ordering food, I am rapidly changing my mind. Find the pub in Welford or further down the A5 for a much better experience! Can't take your food order because we only have one chef! A British rural pub at its worst

Visited June 2014
4 Thank EsteeC26
Yorkshire
“Not worth a second visit.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Quantity, not quality, most of the meal was out of a freezer, not really acceptable. Management style, rude. Waitress service good.

3 Thank Maisie-Jane