“Lovely hotel set in a Tudor house”

Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Birmingham
“Lovely hotel set in a Tudor house”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at fawsley hall hotel as part of a deal with secret escapes. It is such a grand and exquisite hotel. The rooms were very large and beautiful. Breakfast was amazing, the chef would cook you what you wanted & it was very tasty. The hotel itself was large and has beautiful surroundings. I had a massage at the spa and staff were friendly and professional. It was fun walking around exploring the area.

Stayed September 2013
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. The building is certainly stunning and is set in such lovely grounds it’s hard to deny its appeal.

As a team we take great pride in ensuring our guest’s have an enjoyable stay, so it’s great to hear that you encountered excellent service in the restaurant and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had the champagne afternoon tea with my sister and a friend a couple of weeks ago. I knew it was a popular venue and now I know why.
The service was excellent and they explained what everything on the stand was.
Everything was fresh and very tasty.
Each cake is a complete work of art - congratulations to the lady who makes them.
Would highly recommend it and have been telling everyone since

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for such great comments about your recent visit to Fawsley Hall for one of our renowned Champagne Afternoon Teas.

Our kitchen team is extremely talented and work very hard to create such an impressive menu selection for our guests and I’ll be sure to share your feedback with them.

You must join us again soon for more!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I got married at Fawsley Hall on 18th July this year. We first visited the venue at a wedding open day last summer and instantly fell in love with it's charm, beauty and tranquillity. Every single dealing with the venue, and it's superb staff, has been without fault. Over the past 12 months my family and I have visited numerous times, and always felt extremely welcomed and had nothing less than 100% service, food, quality. I would like to especially thank Teresa, Mark and Peter for making our day so special and one we will never forget. Peter, in particular, was extremely attentive and made everything run as smoothly as it could have. We had over 80 guests on the day and on speaking to the majority since the wedding, everyone has passed on expectational feedback about the venue. In total, I stayed 3 nights (night before wedding, night of, and night afterwards) and quite frankly didn't want to leave! We all felt so welcomed and it was lovely getting to know the bar/reception staff who I could not fault.

I could go on and on about how much I love Fawsley Hall (and I will for years to come!) but if any brides(to-be) are reading this, I would whole-heartedly urge you to visit and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you again everyone at Fawsley Hall.

Claire & Terry Burgin

2 Thank Clairelisa
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Claire & Terry

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m so pleased that your special day was such a success. It was a pleasure for myself and the team to be involved.

Fawsley is such a unique and special venue and this along with the exceptional service that we provide here, makes it the ideal setting to create perfect memories for those who stay and visit.

The team all work so hard to make sure that our guests are made to feel special and welcome at all times. I like you could go on about how wonderful Fawlsey Hall is. I’m incredibly proud of the team and the role they play in these events and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We really do look forward to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I visited Fawsley Hall for afternoon tea with some friends. The staff were lovely, they kept their distance whilst still ensuring that everything was fine. We had afternoon tea in the Great Hall, absolutely amazing location surrounded by history and very Grand. We felt a little out of place to start with as everyone that was there seemed to be speaking in whispers, our group was slightly larger and we were sat on 2 sofas and 2 chairs and so were not in whispering distance. We did move the sofas and table closer together and this was not a problem. It wasn't long before the atmosphere changed and everyone seemed to be chatting happily. We had the afternoon tea, which was absolutely fantastic, full of flavour and lots of different tasters. We did ask for extra tea which was provided quickly and one of our party asked for a larger scone which was provided immediately. Cannot fault the service at all. The only glitch is the price, but as this was a special occasion it was well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for such lovely comments. I’m really pleased to hear that your recent visit for afternoon tea was so enjoyable. It’s a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion.

I’m very happy you felt the impressive selection of afternoon tea and service you received was well worth it. With a focus on using only the best ingredients and providing an attentive and personable service to all our guests at all times, they are becoming extremely popular.

I’m so pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy the history of the Great Hall and that the team made you and your friends feel welcome and provided an attentive and faultless service.

This is exactly what we set out to achieve here at Fawlsey. You must join us again very soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was our 4th stop on our vacation. I still remember hearing the sheep off in the distance. The hotel has no air conditioning so the windows were always open. The suite was beautiful and we enjoyed tea each afternoon. The 400 year old Chapel up the road was romantic! We had our vows renewed after 30 years on Sunday. The paritioners were very welcoming!
Loved it!!

Room Tip: Very romantic and welcoming!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
How wonderful to hear you visited the Church on the Fawsley Estate and that you were able to have your vows renewed. I’m sure that this will make your stay with us, even more memorable.

We have been lucky enough to have some of the warmest weather in a long time over the last couple of weeks but with it comes the need to cool down. We’re in the midst of investing in further air conditioning within the hotel and our guests will soon have the benefit of air conditioning in every bedroom when needed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments. Next time you are visiting the UK, you must come and stay with us again.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We recently attended an evening reception here. The building is wonderful with an amazing great hall and attractive views outside too. As things were running late we were able to sit outside and enjoy the lovely gardens too.

Car parking was a bit of an issue as there clearly was another event of putting pressure on available spaces. The car park and roadways are shallow gravel on compacted earth making for a dusty car and dusty shoes too. I'm glad it wasn't raining!

Some buffet food was served which was very average, and the waitresses clearing plates away consistently reached over people to collect off the table.

There is free WiFi which is adequate and welcome.

My opinion from this snapshot is of an average hotel in a lovely building.

1 Thank TrevMK
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your visit to Fawsley Hall for an evening wedding reception.

I agree that the hotel is extremely impressive and is surrounded by some of the best views of the countryside in the area. The car park can become busy at times due to the popularity of the hotel and the service we provide and further investment is being made to ensure more spaces are available to our guests, although we are keen to ensure that the style of the car park continues to remain in keeping with the building and the surrounding area.

Your feedback on the service is appreciated and has been noted with the relevant department heads, although your snapshot opinion of Fawsley, really doesn’t do this venue and team here justice. Since taking over the property last year, we have invested heavily into all areas of the building and the team and we are receiving excellent feedback on this, therefore you must visit again soon to secure a true reflection of the Handpicked experience.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just spent an amazing few days here. The hotel was busy with plenty of guests enjoying themselves like we were but the staff did brilliantly and we had a really relaxing break.
The great hall was truly amazing and full of history and we explored the grounds and made sure we took time to have some much needed treatments in the spa which were excellent!
The restaurant food was exceptional and the staff who served us were very friendly.
We had a great time and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I’m so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to take advantage of some time out, to enjoy a break away.

The team here at Fawsley do an incredible job ensuring that our guests are looked after and are made to feel welcome and I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to them.

I hope you find the time to join us again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!