“Best Wedding anniversary ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa

Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Windlesham, United Kingdom
“Best Wedding anniversary ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Fawsley Hall hotel on Monday the 28th for our 4th wedding anniversary after I contacted the hotel directly and being offered a fantastic deal of an upgraded room (which was out of this world) and complimentary glasses of wine at a fantastic 6 course taster menu at dinner. We arrived about 4pm and was greeted by a lovely receptionist whom congratulated us on our wedding anniversary and showed us to our upgraded room which as i said was out of this world! (room 38).
We went for a walk around the grounds and over to the church which is lovely. We went to dinner at 7:30pm which although we had to wait approximately 40 mins for our 1st course to arrive it was worth it.
The food was out of this world especially the lamb and the service we received was brilliant.
The restaurant staff were fantastic especially the two Spanish waiters that served us.

I would thoroughly recommend staying at this hotel for the location, the building, the ambience and the staff, it just shows that England can be as good as going abroad.

Room Tip: Any of the feature rooms as they are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I’m so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable and special anniversary celebration whilst staying with us.

It’s lovely to hear that you were made to feel so welcome from the moment you checked in and throughout your stay. The Taster Menu is proving very popular in the newly refurbished restaurant and the team work so hard to ensure that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay, so I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to them.

Thank you for taking the time to share such excellent feedback, you must come back and enjoy another stay soon and experience more of what Fawsley Hall has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Ham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our daughter held her wedding there, a very beautiful venue. The ceremony room was beautiful, not too large and not too small, a real perfect venue to hold such a special day. From there into the small dining room. Oh my the food was devine, and I think everyone was very happy with the service from Wine and water on tap to the way that the waiters and waitresses, conducted there selves without a flap.Im so pleased to say the plates and food were hot :)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your daughter’s wedding here at Fawsley Hall.

Myself and the team take great satisfaction in hearing of a job well done and even more so when we have helped create special memories of such an important day.

We hope to welcome you and your family back again very soon.
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Working for a five star Luxury resorts my expectations were high and needless to say my stay was tops!!....Fawsley Hall went above and beyond my expectations, this is one amazing gem, steeped in history. The suite Elizabeth H was fantastic with amazing views to the church and the lake, the food was impeccable and delicious to say the least with the staff attentive and very friendly.

Fawsley Hall is steeped in history, and the magnificent Tudor Hall is magical place to spend some time before pre dinner drinks or afternoon tea …. Which I would certainly recommend. Thank you so much for making our stay so special.

A very magical stay indeed and look forward to staying again soon .... Fawsley Hall

Room Tip: book rooms in the main house with amazing views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How fantastic to read that you had such an amazing and magical stay with us here at Fawsley Hall.

Like you noted the hotel is stunning and steeped in history and is surrounded by such unspoilt views of the countryside, but this alone does not create the perfect stay, therefore as a team we pride ourselves on providing a personable and attentive service to ensure our guests have the best experience possible and it certainly sounds as though we did just that.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our stay was very good overall but a few things have dropped our feedback to an average 3/5. Arriving at the hotel we had our room available for an early check in - excellent as I had arranged some treatments for my wife in the spa as a birthday surprise. Once checked in we were shown to our room - unfortunately not to the correct room at first. This wouldn't normally be a problem but with several sets of stairs, a baby buggy with 2 kids under 2, a long trek and luggage this was a bit of a challenge. During my wife's treatments daddy and 2 kids went for an explore we went for an afternoon tea. The courtyard was a nice area to sit, but should really be maintained to a far higher standard despite renovations being carried out.

The stable room itself was set up for a family with a sofa bed and baby cot provided - lots and lots of cables were easily accessible though so it's not particularly young family safe.

Onto dinner. I'd booked a table a week earlier and requested 2 glasses of champagne on arrival. The staff were not clear about our booking when we arrived and even though I quietly mentioned again before sitting down about the champagne on arrival this never appeared. Going to the bar later I noticed that the requests was there on the table booking sheet. Mentioning it to the bar staff the situation was resolved with a complimentary 2 glasses of wine.

Dinner itself was slightly bipolar. My wife's meal from start to finish was excellent. My main course was the risotto - avoid at all costs. It's a simple dish but should be made with love - no love was shown to my risotto as it was completely bland and tasteless - a shame. The staff were excellent, baby #1 enjoyed his food and the setting was nice.

Breakfast the next day was fantastic, a big thumbs up.

So a mixed bag overall. Little touches which you'd expect at the price bracket weren't there but generally the hotel staff turned things around. They shouldn't have to, but things may have fallen through cracks due to weddings being prepared for. I think we may give Fawsley Hall another go, but in a more convenient room for a young family

Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay here at Fawsley.
I’m pleased that overall your stay was very good and that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Although, I’m sorry to hear that you encountered a few frustrations. I appreciate you taking the time to note these, as all feedback is incredibly important to myself and my management teams and as part of our ongoing development, it is always acted upon to make sure that moving forward similar issues do not arise.

Our kitchen team work extremely hard to provide our guests with a wide variety of well prepared and presented dishes. I’m sorry to hear that your choice did not match your taste and I’m always keen to hear feedback on the different dishes as food is such a subjective topic. I’ll certainly pass on your comments to the team but to date we have only received positive feedback on the risotto.

We have been undergoing an exciting renovation programme which has seen huge investment into the bedrooms and public areas of the hotel. The courtyard and conservatory are now complete and the bedrooms soon to follow suit.

I do hope you chose to visit us again. We do have rooms specifically for families within the hotel that can be requested at the point of booking to avoid any future concerns on room layout.

Thank you again for your comments, I hope that we can welcome you and your family back again soon.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here last week on our Culinary Tour. We had a lovely dinner, and the staff were most gracious. Would love to come back and stay much longer next time; the hotel is rich with history. The rooms are quite large, with big bathrooms. Will definitely recommend to my clients to stay at this wonderful country house hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and recommendations to others on this site.

I’m so pleased that you chose Fawsley to be part of your culinary tour and that whilst you stayed as our guests, you experienced such a high standard of dining and service.

Our talented brigade of chefs work hard to ensure we offer our guests with a unique and varied menu, therefore you must find time to visit us again soon to experience more.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My mother and I stayed overnight and wish we could have stayed a lot longer as it was so relaxing. We both had beautiful large double rooms - my mother on the ground floor as there was no lift and I was on the top floor - the decor of both was beautiful and very clean.
We had the 3-course set menu in the restaurant which could not be faulted.
All staff were helpful and friendly.
The gardens were looking good and we took a walk in the early morning sun to the little church which can be seen in the field next to the hotel grounds.
There was also a spa, swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi and lots of lovely function rooms - I imagine it would be a fantastic place to have your wedding!

Room Tip: NB no lift so less abled persons might not wish to climb the stairs
2 Thank A164D
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I’m so pleased that you and your mother had such a fantastic recent stay with us .I agree, the hotel is steeped in history and is full of charm.

We have been so lucky lately with the weather which has been of great benefit to the hotel gardens and like it did you, has provided our guests with the opportunity to explore the gardens and the surrounding countryside.

The hotel is very popular with all guests, whether they are escaping for a quiet and relaxing time or those who are celebrating a large scale special occasion such as a wedding, we can cater for all, which adds even more to the appeal of Fawsley Hall.

You must find time to join us again very soon for more relaxation. We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Beautiful location and building, warm greeting at check in, there was a wedding going on when we arrived and without being rude one look told us they were a rowdy crowd!! This proved to be true when the next morning gossip around the hotel was that the marriage was heading for divorce before breakfast!! It had been a noisy night with a lot of room swapping and corridor parties which ended in the early hours. This hotel whilst being a perfect wedding venue suffers when most of the guests stay, as the noise, disruption and service affect regular guests. The solution is simple if the guests are staying put them all in one area of the hotel or make exclusive use only.
The spa was nice but a little drab, the pool area could do with brightening up, lights, plants etc. small steam rom and sauna nothing special. The outdoor whirlpool is very small and nothing special.
The bedroom was very nice and comfortable, this was a standard double which had a sofa at the end of the bed which was a lovely touch.
Would I return, probably but would want 100% confirmation it was an event / wedding free night!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charles s
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments following your recent stay.

I’m sorry to hear that you encountered some frustrations during your stay. We do our utmost to ensure that we take into consideration the allocation of guest bedrooms, especially when we are hosting such special and celebratory events.

We have faced certain short term restrictions on the allocation of rooms in busier times, due the ongoing investment and refurbishment programme taking place in our guest bedrooms at present and I do hope this did not impact the enjoyment of your stay too much. This, along with the investment taking place in the spa and leisure facilities is adding to the high standard of facilities and service available to our guests.

I’m so pleased to hear that the team provided you with such a warm welcome and friendly service during your stay and I’m really happy that you are keen to return and at this point I hope you have an opportunity to experience the exciting changes we have and continue to make here at Fawsley Hall.

I do hope you join us again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!