“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I had a one night stay at FH as part of a short getaway. Having stayed at other HandPicked properties our expectations were high; we were not disappointed. The rich history of the building and rooms, especially the master suites, was matched by the warm, 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude of the staff. Recommended for a country retreat within an hour or so of W.London.

Room Tip: if budget allows, stretch to a master suite
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay

I’m so pleased that you and your wife had such a lovely time and were able to experience the charm of this fascinating building. Guest satisfaction is key to us here at Fawsley Hall and I’ll be sure to share with the team, that their attentive service made you both feel so welcome and relaxed.

With us being so accessible to you, you must find the time to visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I took my mum here for her birthday in May and really enjoyed it; the entrance to the hotel is magical, especially driving between all the lambs bouncing around in the fields!
We had a Spa treatment and the staff were lovely; Prosecco in the outdoor hot tub in the sunshine; 3 course meal followed by cheese and wine in the Grand Hall (v impressive space to spend an eve).
The only reason I held off a 5 star review is that the bar area was a bit 'tired' looking (the staff did say it is due to be refurbished), and our bedroom was a bit on the small side with lots of stairs to get to it. These were really non-issues though, and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments.
I’m so pleased to hear that you and your Mum had such an enjoyable stay with us. We are certainly spoilt with the surrounding countryside here at Fawsley and perfectly placed to enjoy all the seasons, especially Spring and Summer.

It certainly sounds as though you made the most of your time here and that you were able to take advantage of a spa treatment and the fantastic plunge pool, which only added to your enjoyment and relaxation.

Our new Bar and Lounge area is now fully open and is providing our guests with the perfect area to relax and enjoy a pre dinner drink. You must stick to your word and return to experience the exciting changes we have made since your last visit.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Windlesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Fawsley Hall hotel on Monday the 28th for our 4th wedding anniversary after I contacted the hotel directly and being offered a fantastic deal of an upgraded room (which was out of this world) and complimentary glasses of wine at a fantastic 6 course taster menu at dinner. We arrived about 4pm and was greeted by a lovely receptionist whom congratulated us on our wedding anniversary and showed us to our upgraded room which as i said was out of this world! (room 38).
We went for a walk around the grounds and over to the church which is lovely. We went to dinner at 7:30pm which although we had to wait approximately 40 mins for our 1st course to arrive it was worth it.
The food was out of this world especially the lamb and the service we received was brilliant.
The restaurant staff were fantastic especially the two Spanish waiters that served us.

I would thoroughly recommend staying at this hotel for the location, the building, the ambience and the staff, it just shows that England can be as good as going abroad.

Room Tip: Any of the feature rooms as they are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I’m so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable and special anniversary celebration whilst staying with us.

It’s lovely to hear that you were made to feel so welcome from the moment you checked in and throughout your stay. The Taster Menu is proving very popular in the newly refurbished restaurant and the team work so hard to ensure that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay, so I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to them.

Thank you for taking the time to share such excellent feedback, you must come back and enjoy another stay soon and experience more of what Fawsley Hall has to offer.
Ham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our daughter held her wedding there, a very beautiful venue. The ceremony room was beautiful, not too large and not too small, a real perfect venue to hold such a special day. From there into the small dining room. Oh my the food was devine, and I think everyone was very happy with the service from Wine and water on tap to the way that the waiters and waitresses, conducted there selves without a flap.Im so pleased to say the plates and food were hot :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your daughter’s wedding here at Fawsley Hall.

Myself and the team take great satisfaction in hearing of a job well done and even more so when we have helped create special memories of such an important day.

We hope to welcome you and your family back again very soon.
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Working for a five star Luxury resorts my expectations were high and needless to say my stay was tops!!....Fawsley Hall went above and beyond my expectations, this is one amazing gem, steeped in history. The suite Elizabeth H was fantastic with amazing views to the church and the lake, the food was impeccable and delicious to say the least with the staff attentive and very friendly.

Fawsley Hall is steeped in history, and the magnificent Tudor Hall is magical place to spend some time before pre dinner drinks or afternoon tea …. Which I would certainly recommend. Thank you so much for making our stay so special.

A very magical stay indeed and look forward to staying again soon .... Fawsley Hall

Room Tip: book rooms in the main house with amazing views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How fantastic to read that you had such an amazing and magical stay with us here at Fawsley Hall.

Like you noted the hotel is stunning and steeped in history and is surrounded by such unspoilt views of the countryside, but this alone does not create the perfect stay, therefore as a team we pride ourselves on providing a personable and attentive service to ensure our guests have the best experience possible and it certainly sounds as though we did just that.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our stay was very good overall but a few things have dropped our feedback to an average 3/5. Arriving at the hotel we had our room available for an early check in - excellent as I had arranged some treatments for my wife in the spa as a birthday surprise. Once checked in we were shown to our room - unfortunately not to the correct room at first. This wouldn't normally be a problem but with several sets of stairs, a baby buggy with 2 kids under 2, a long trek and luggage this was a bit of a challenge. During my wife's treatments daddy and 2 kids went for an explore we went for an afternoon tea. The courtyard was a nice area to sit, but should really be maintained to a far higher standard despite renovations being carried out.

The stable room itself was set up for a family with a sofa bed and baby cot provided - lots and lots of cables were easily accessible though so it's not particularly young family safe.

Onto dinner. I'd booked a table a week earlier and requested 2 glasses of champagne on arrival. The staff were not clear about our booking when we arrived and even though I quietly mentioned again before sitting down about the champagne on arrival this never appeared. Going to the bar later I noticed that the requests was there on the table booking sheet. Mentioning it to the bar staff the situation was resolved with a complimentary 2 glasses of wine.

Dinner itself was slightly bipolar. My wife's meal from start to finish was excellent. My main course was the risotto - avoid at all costs. It's a simple dish but should be made with love - no love was shown to my risotto as it was completely bland and tasteless - a shame. The staff were excellent, baby #1 enjoyed his food and the setting was nice.

Breakfast the next day was fantastic, a big thumbs up.

So a mixed bag overall. Little touches which you'd expect at the price bracket weren't there but generally the hotel staff turned things around. They shouldn't have to, but things may have fallen through cracks due to weddings being prepared for. I think we may give Fawsley Hall another go, but in a more convenient room for a young family

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay here at Fawsley.
I’m pleased that overall your stay was very good and that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Although, I’m sorry to hear that you encountered a few frustrations. I appreciate you taking the time to note these, as all feedback is incredibly important to myself and my management teams and as part of our ongoing development, it is always acted upon to make sure that moving forward similar issues do not arise.

Our kitchen team work extremely hard to provide our guests with a wide variety of well prepared and presented dishes. I’m sorry to hear that your choice did not match your taste and I’m always keen to hear feedback on the different dishes as food is such a subjective topic. I’ll certainly pass on your comments to the team but to date we have only received positive feedback on the risotto.

We have been undergoing an exciting renovation programme which has seen huge investment into the bedrooms and public areas of the hotel. The courtyard and conservatory are now complete and the bedrooms soon to follow suit.

I do hope you chose to visit us again. We do have rooms specifically for families within the hotel that can be requested at the point of booking to avoid any future concerns on room layout.

Thank you again for your comments, I hope that we can welcome you and your family back again soon.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here last week on our Culinary Tour. We had a lovely dinner, and the staff were most gracious. Would love to come back and stay much longer next time; the hotel is rich with history. The rooms are quite large, with big bathrooms. Will definitely recommend to my clients to stay at this wonderful country house hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and recommendations to others on this site.

I’m so pleased that you chose Fawsley to be part of your culinary tour and that whilst you stayed as our guests, you experienced such a high standard of dining and service.

Our talented brigade of chefs work hard to ensure we offer our guests with a unique and varied menu, therefore you must find time to visit us again soon to experience more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!