“Peaceful perfection!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Peaceful perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just had a near perfect stay at this gorgeous hotel. Loved the stunning building which has been most sympathetically restored. The location is amazing - in the middle of lush green countryside with a lovely drive up through glowing cornfields. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed a 6 course tasting dinner along with complimentary Bellini, strawberries dipped in chocolate and macaroons.

The meal was very nice although not quite a fine dining experience. My husband enjoyed his meal very much but for the vegetarian (me) I felt like the main course in particular was a bit of an afterthought. Not on a par with the lamb main enjoyed by my husband. That said it was still most enjoyable and with Harriet serving us we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

My only other (very small gripe) was that our room smelled quite strongly of paint having been very recently decorated - but after leaving our air conditioning fan on for the day with the window open we found that it was greatly improved by the evening. The room was lovely and had all I would expect. (we booked the most basic room - which was more than adequate and extremely comfortable. Nicely decorated too!)

The breakfasts were delicious although the tea and coffee was a wee bit cold. Ask to sit in the older part of the dining area (near the continental buffet) as it has more character.

Finally, I filled out a comments card on departure to say how much we had enjoyed our stay and make a few comments and was most pleasantly surprised to see a response from the Deputy General Manager: James Bowie via email on arrival back home. He had noted all my points and indicated that he would take on board my comments. Service as it should be!

Room Tip: Although the older building is stunning and I'm sure the rooms are too bring your earplugs as th...
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at Fawsley Hall.

I’m so pleased that overall you had such an enjoyable stay. All guest feedback is extremely important to us as it forms part of our ongoing development as a team, hence my Deputy General Manager taking the time to acknowledge and react to these, directly with you. Your comments were noted and addressed with the relevant teams.

We have undergone so many postive changes and investments in both the team and the property, with more to come and all adding to the enjoyment and satisfaction of our guests. Exciting times!

Myself and the team hope you find time to return very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

A lovely trip through the Northants countryside to Fawsley rounded off by the most special afternoon tea. Delicate sandwich selection, scones and lovely little cake selection rounded off with nice cuppa. Lovely setting and excellent service from the team. Treat yourselves and family

Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to Fawsley Hall.

We are the ideal setting for an afternoon tea and like you mentioned placed perfectly in some of the most stunning countryside in the area. I’m so pleased to hear that the excellent service you received from the team only added to your enjoyment.

I hope you find time to join us again soon.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here this bank holiday weekend for our first wedding anniversary; the whole experience was faultless. We were upgraded to a feature room (William Cecil) which was breath-taking, I felt like a queen! We were then brought a complimentary bottle of champagne which was completely unexpected, but, a wonderful surprise.
We had afternoon tea in the Great Hall - stunning room and food. We dined in the restaurant in the evening, and again, the food was excellent.
We didn't get chance to use the spa facilities but I can say that we will definitely be returning. A wonderful hotel which exceeds expectations in every aspect.

Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband and thank you for choosing Fawsley Hall to celebrate such a special occasion.

I’m so pleased that every element of your stay, exceeded all your expectations. Myself and the team take great pride in ensuring that our guests have the very best experience and we take great satisfaction in receiving such wonderful comments.

You must return soon to experience more!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Came here to use a Handpicked voucher I got and glad we chose this hotel! Stunning hotel which hadn't long been done up inside to a very high standard. We were greeted by very friendly staff and taken to the "lounge" which was lovely. The afternoon tea itself was very impressive and delicious, so much attention to detail on every cake and treat! Great food, fantastic atmosphere, what more could you want?

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
I’m so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable afternoon tea when you recently visited and that the team here at Fawsley made you feel so welcome upon your arrival and during your time with us.

The hotel has recently undergone a multi million pound investment programme which has only added to the charm and appeal of this historic building and we have more excited changes planned.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a heritage package as a bank holiday treat for my girlfriend. What can i say other than utterly amazing, £258 for a club room above the spa, inclusive of a 3 course meal each, a glass of prosseco and a breakfast the next day, amazing area, scenary beautiful and the spa is lovely. Definatley will go back

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simmo125
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and photos following your recent Heritage Break here at Fawsley Hall.

I’m really pleased that you had such a great stay and that you found every element of it, to be so ‘amazing’ Myself and the team really do appreciate your comments and there is no greater recommendation to future guests than your wish to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night and really enjoyed our stay. The check in was smooth and our room was to a high stand for a classic double room. There was no milk in the fridge however we called reception and they got some delivered efficiently. We took advantage of using the pool and the outdoor jacuzzi was amazing (we didn't want to get out of it!) We used the restaurant and the meal was to an excellent standard and the steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The building and grounds were grand which made the stay extra special. Having worked for Handpicked in the past, I can see that this is a great addition hotel to have in the collection! We are looking forward to staying again soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunny400
Thank you for your great comments. I’m so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay.

Fawsley Hall fits perfectly into the Handpicked Collection and myself and the team are extremely excited by the investment made to date and the planned changes for the future, which will only add to the further satisfaction of guests.

You must join us again soon to experience more.
Nothampton UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just returned from one of the best Spa days ever. I have been lucky enough to experience a few in my time. Fawsley Hall tops them all. Beautiful setting, top class service, wonderful facilities and fabulous afternoon tea.
Even though there was a misunderstanding on the Spa day we had booked , Julia smoothed things over and dealt with it professionally. Everyone made a genuine effort to make our stay enjoyable. I really felt pampered and looked after. The day was well organised and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I’m so pleased that your Spa Day was so fabulous.

The team work extremely hard to ensure a positive guest experience and I know they will take great pride and satisfaction in hearing that you had such a wonderful time and after a day in the Spa you felt relaxed, pampered and above all feeling special.

You must find more time to visit again soon for more pampering from the Spa Team here at Fawsley.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!