Just had a near perfect stay at this gorgeous hotel. Loved the stunning building which has been most sympathetically restored. The location is amazing - in the middle of lush green countryside with a lovely drive up through glowing cornfields. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed a 6 course tasting dinner along with complimentary Bellini, strawberries dipped in chocolate and macaroons.
The meal was very nice although not quite a fine dining experience. My husband enjoyed his meal very much but for the vegetarian (me) I felt like the main course in particular was a bit of an afterthought. Not on a par with the lamb main enjoyed by my husband. That said it was still most enjoyable and with Harriet serving us we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.
My only other (very small gripe) was that our room smelled quite strongly of paint having been very recently decorated - but after leaving our air conditioning fan on for the day with the window open we found that it was greatly improved by the evening. The room was lovely and had all I would expect. (we booked the most basic room - which was more than adequate and extremely comfortable. Nicely decorated too!)
The breakfasts were delicious although the tea and coffee was a wee bit cold. Ask to sit in the older part of the dining area (near the continental buffet) as it has more character.
Finally, I filled out a comments card on departure to say how much we had enjoyed our stay and make a few comments and was most pleasantly surprised to see a response from the Deputy General Manager: James Bowie via email on arrival back home. He had noted all my points and indicated that he would take on board my comments. Service as it should be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in tradition and history, Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa in Northamptonshire is a beautiful country house hotel surrounded by formal gardens and parkland landscaped by Capability Brown in the 1760s. It was a home built for entertaining: Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and other monarchs all enjoyed its fine hospitality, and that tradition continues to this day. The hotel has been awarded 4 AA red stars and 2 Rosettes for its Cedar Restaurant, which offers a host of treats, not least of which is afternoon tea, a much loved tradition within our walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fawsley Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Fawsley
- Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa Northamptonshire