Holiday Inn Express Kettering
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$100
US$95
Barton Hall Hotel(Barton Seagrave)
US$112
US$77
US$63
US$78
PremierInn.com
All reviewsharvester pubcar parkfree wifihi expressbeansbudget hotelbreakfast was includedthe sofa bedhotel is modernfriendly reception staffpetrol stationwould stay againstayed here for nightsgreat showerplenty of parkingroom was spotlessbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed overnight here! The double room was £49 per night with free breakfast, we paid an extra £10 just incase we had to cancel it,paying the extra made it that if we did cancel , even on the day, we would not pay a penny.The room was clean, quality bedding and towels,all in all, spot on!
The serve yourself breakfast was excellent ,hot and cold food and loads of choice,brilliant way to start the day!Lovely staff,would go back in a heartbeat, well done Holiday Inns

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Good Afternoon Susan F,

Thank you for taking the time to write suh a lovely review.
I am glad the room was to a high standard of cleanliness and quality bedding and towels.

Thank you for the kind comments about the staff here, we all make sure we provide the best possible service for our guests.

I am glad you enjoyed our Express breakfast, perfect way to start your day.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent value, spacious and clean room, friendly reception staff. Breakfast was good, no bacon 'though ! The 3G reception on the room was non existent and sadly the free Wifi wasn't really fast enough to be of much use. This wasn't a problem to us at this time but if I'd been staying here for work it would be an issue. Overall a very good hotel, to be recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here last weekend and still impressed with the level of service considering how busy it was. The rooms are a good size, functional and very clean, and the bar and lounge facilities fine. We had a problem with the poor quality mattress (which the hotel is in the process of replacing), mentioned it to the duty manageress and she made up a second bed - top service. Breakfast isn't to shout about but adequate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Good Morning Richard M,

It is great to see such a glowing review.
Our aim is to provide a fantastic customer service, I am very sorry the mattress was uncomfortable, as the manager on duty said we are in the middle of renewing all of our beds, next time you stay with us we will make sure you have a new bed of a high standard. I am pleased she put up a sofa bed and you had a better night's sleep.
I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Room was clean and sizeable and I didn't notice much noise from other rooms. The only problem I found was that the wi-fi was pretty poor which was disappointing to me as a business traveller.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MNickerson, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Good Morning Sblair197969,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hotel.
I am very pleased to hear the cleanliness of the bedroom was up to a high standard.
Thank you for your kind comments about the Hotel staff, we aim to provide the best possible customer service.

Regarding the Wi-fi, we are currently in the process of having this upgraded to a high speed standard so people like yourself can work at a high speed.
I am sorry this was an issue.

Hopefully by the time you next stay with us this will be up to a satisfactory standard.
Look forward to seeing you again soo.n

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We like Holiday Inn Express as a brand and would choose them as our budget hotel first choice. The hotels are well located, modern, clean and breakfast is included.
This HIExpress in Kettering ticked all those boxes when my wife and I stayed for one night last month to break a long drive from west to east.
On check-in the ladies on the desk were very welcoming and helpful. Our double room was located at the rear and was the standard expected for this brand - reasonable size, nice bathroom, clean etc. The reception and bar area was large, comfortable and service was quick and cheerful. There is also plenty of free parking. There is no restaurant as such but there is a Harvester/Beefeater across the car park. However we opted to go into Kettering and have curry. There was plenty of choice.
All good so far.
However, we had terrible night due to the bed+mattress+pillows. Firstly, the bed, although a double, seemed small. You could tell this by the large gaps between the edges of the bed and the built-in, wall mounted bedside tables. Strange.
Secondly, the mattress was awful. It was soft, cheap and one of those ones where you both roll to the middle!
Thirdly, the pillows were thin and poor quality. I found this hard to understand having used Holiday Inn many times before.
All in all, we hardly slept a wink. I wished that HIExress had a 'Good night guarantee' like Premier Inn. I certainty would have made a claim against it here for a full refund.
To conclude. There are so many things to commend about this hotel but our sleeping experience has really put us off. We really hope future guests have a better sleeping experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MNickerson, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Good Morning Suffolkholidayperson,

Firsty I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review, we take on board all revies and use them as a tool to help us provide a better sefvice.

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the hotel staff, it is lovely to hear positive comments.
I am glad we provided a fast and happy service for you both.

I am very sorry to hear you had an uncomfortable night's sleep and the bed, pillows and matress was not up to our usual standard.
We are in the process of renewing these at present, as such a large hotel this process is on going.
I do hope you return and enjoy a better night's sleep in one of our new beds.
If you wish to discuss this matter further please do contact the hotel and I would be more than happy to help.