“Improved”

Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here in the past but had avoided it because the beds were not very comfortable. When we checked in this time, it was mentioned that it was a new bed, and it is a great improvement - very comfortable.
Room was very quiet, breakfast is also improved since last time we stayed.
We couldn't get wifi in our room, although it was available in the pubic areas. (Perhaps because it was a ground floor room?)
Our room key didn't work in the morning, and apparently this is a frequent problem for that room!
BTW, I tried to post exactly this text on the hotel's review site and it refused it because "your review text contains inappropriate language" with no hint as to what that might be!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new bed! (and working wifi)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GrahamMacclesfieldUK
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good Afternoon,

Firstly I would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am very happy to see we have improved on everything compared to your last stay with us, it is much appreciated you have listed the improvements.

Unfortunatley our Wi-Fi is in the middle of being up-graded to a high standard so hopefully next time you come back this will also be an improvement, all of the rooms (including ground) will be at the same speed and standard when rectified.

Our Maintenece team is aware of the faulty lock and this is now rectified.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as to avoid a very long journey. It is a very good budget hotel, clean and comfortable. My minor criticism is that the bed was of the soft side of soft and wifi passwords only last 12 hours as we travel with a lot of devices this meant getting eight passwords from reception to cover a 24 hour period; only a minor gripe. There is a garage, starbucks and a harvester pub nearby. The breakfast in the morning was very good in quality and quantity (free). Would happily stay here again and met our expectations well.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hotel, it is much appreciated.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay but very sorry you found the bed too soft we are currentley in the process of renewing our beds so hopefully next time you stay you will have a new bed to a high standard.
Regarding the Wi-Fi we have 3 day codes which we provide to guests that are staying for more than one night, this would have been a better option for yourselves, please bare this in mind for your next visit.

Glad you enjoyed our Express breakfast and hope to see you again very soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We choose to stay in this chain of hotels, wherever possible, as a stop off on our trips around the country. This was our first visit to this particular hotel and it was just right. The staff on the reception desk were extremely efficient and polite and the room and breakfast were exactly what we would have expected. The big plus factor is being able to bring along our dog and this hotel has a great dog walk right behind it. I'm sure we will be back some time soon. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Good Evening,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.

I am very pleased the Hotel met your expectations.
Thank you for your glowing comments about the staff here, it is so rewarding when we get these comments, i will pass these on to everyone.

I agree that field is brilliant for you to walk the dog.

I do hope to see you again soon and enjoy your trips around the country.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 9 May 2014

New hotel on the outskirts of town, bright spacious and well laid out with very helpful staff. Powerful showers which is always a plus but towels are only changed every other day. Big negative was the internet speed. On day one of my stay, and the hotel was packed, when I could measure internet speed the best I could do was 110kbps! As a business user this is nowhere good enough. The big plus was I'd never felt safer in any other hotel I've ever stayed in as the photo shows.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Good Evening JWL940,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hotel, it is much appreciated the more reviews and feedback we recieve the better it is to help us resolve our weekness'.

I am glad you liked the bright, spacious room and the powerful shower.
House keepers change the towels every 2 days but you can request for these to be changed on a daily basis (a tip for next time you stay)

I am pleased to see that the staff were all helpful, I will pass on your kind comments.

I am very sorry to see the Internet was not up to speed, unfortunatley we are in the process of re-newing this and due the signal and the area it is taking longer than we would have hoped for.

Please do come back and enjoy another stay with us.

Enjoy your weekend.
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights while visiting a country fair. The hotel was good value for the money and was very clean. No evening meals here but a pub next door sorted this problem out. You can order and eat your own takaway in the lounge if you want to. Richard was very nice on reception (my wife says).
Jef and pearl flintshire.

Room Tip: Good value no frills hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Good Afternoon Jeff J,

I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do have a light snack menu available at the bar, just to make you aware for next time you stay with us.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words about Richard, he is a star.

Look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here en-route to the Norfolk Broads, and would be happy to break our journey at this hotel again. The only criticism I have is that the Post Code of the hotel was not recognised by my 2-year old SatNav device.

This Holiday Inn Express is very modern. The service provided by reception was quick and efficient, while the bed room and shower room were clean and their layouts typical of this chain; importantly, the beds were comfortable and no noise experienced The hotel is situated on a new estate, which is shared with offices and a Harvester Inn, where lunches and dinners are served.

This motel offers a free continental breakfast along with a few cooked items.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Good Afternoon,

I would like to Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kettering and I would also like to Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.

I am sorry that the postal code did not work, unfortunatley some Sat Navs do not pick the postcode up displayed on our website, we do have an alternitive postcode for Sat Navs that are not updated.

I am very glad you had a comfortable night stay with us and the bedroom cleanliness is up to scratch.

Please do stay again, we look forward to it.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed as a walk in customer, hotel ideal on the A14, road into Kettering. Surrounded by Starbucks, Brewers Pub and a service station.

Check in was friendly and easy, lots of free car parking, hotel clean and well set up. Sky TV, bar and an attempt at a food menu.

Well worth a stay, beats the Holiday Inn in Corby, by a country mile!

Recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheeksontour

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review about the Hotel and staff.

We really appreciate your comments and thank you for recommending us.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
5 mi away
Holiday Inn Corby
Holiday Inn Corby
#5 of 6 in Corby

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kettering? Share your experiences!