“Very Good Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Very Good Stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one evening as I travelled through on business. The hotel was very good, easy access off the A road. Have stayed here a few times now and would recommend here to stay. The staff are very attentative and helpful, offering good service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Good Day Mattzzzz76,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave a lovely review with us.
I can see you have stayed with us a few times, its lovely to welcome you back.
I will pass on your kind comments about the Hotel staff.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Corby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staff were lovely on arrive apart from the fact had to pay deposit and was not stated on website . Staff on front desk were lovly and very helpful when i rang down to request more tea and sugar and milk.
Breakfest was nice
There was also toothpaste in sink
Even though the hotel is close to the road you didnt here the cars apartfrom the toothpaste me andmy partner had a lovly time

Room Tip: I stayed in a double room so i would recommend stay in there but request more tea and coffee
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie S
Aimee C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello Sophie,

Many Thanks for leaving your comments, it is much appreciated.
I am glad you found the staff helpful and for filled any requests you had.
Unfortunately leaving a deposit when paying cash is an individual company policy.
I am pleased we have sorted this matter privately via email.
I am sorry there was toothpaste on your sink, I have passed this on to the relevant department.
I am glad you enjoyed our Express start breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back next week.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent hotel just stayed the one night but were made very welcome, a nice room friendly staff and a good breakfast in the morning, car parking was easy and We were recognised as platimum members of the Priority club

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hello royandwendy503838,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave a review.
Very pleased you were recognised as a platinum member and made to feel welcome, as a Platinum member I would imagine you stay in Hotels often so made to feel welcome helps being away from home easier.
I am glad you enjoyed our Express start breakfast and facilities.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Port Pirie, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I needed a bed for the night before joining a business workshop at another venue in Kettering, so chose this establishment - and what a pleasant surprise!

The hotel is situated on the northern side of town, a £12 cab fare from the train station. If I had arrived earlier in the day, I would have been able to take a bus across town instead.

I was greeted warmly by Terri at reception and checked in efficiently. My room was large and wheelchair friendly. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and the room boasted all the items I needed – coffee maker, comfortable bed, soft and firm pillows, marked as such, desk, good lighting, flat screen TV to watch the World Cup football and cute decals on the mirrors reminding me that if I had forgotten any toiletries (or anything else) I should consult reception.

Next morning the generous free breakfast was an added bonus – as was the plush bath sheet – unlike the small towels normally found in budget hotels. Only area for improvement - I really prefer a piece of soap to the bath gel dispenser in the shower.

After an equally swift and smooth check-out by the still on duty Terri (doesn't she ever go home?), I left for my next assignment very contented. Not sure when I will be in Kettering again, but, if I am, this will certainly be my choice of sleep and go! Maybe I’ll tarry awhile too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking out the time to leave a review.

I am so happy to see the Hotel met all of your needs and expectations, I am glad to see you had a comfortable night.
I will be sure to pass on your glowing comments to Terri, she will be thrilled to know all of her hard work is noticed and she does go home just doesn't seem that way when you are checked in and checked out by the same member of staff.
Our Express breakfast is a great way to start your day, which I am glad you enjoyed.
I have passed on your comments regarding the soap so Thank you for that.

Hope to see you soon, we look forward to it.
Darlington (uk)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It seems I spend my life at present touring pointless non-descript boring towns and industrial estates and yes Kettering falls into that category.

To be fair though this hotel is fairly good, it’s relatively new so the rooms are smart and comfortable and reasonable value. The breakfast is still the Holiday Inn Express free for all situation but it seemed a bit more pleasant than some of the others.

There is a Harvester Pub across the road if you want a meal but be warned its one of those rubbish joints serving average lazy junk food. Another frustration of mine when travelling in the UK enjoying our sophisticated food culture :)

Overall pretty good for a night if you really have to visit Kettering!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank You for taking the time out to leave a review about the Hotel.

Unfortunatley there isnt much I can say about the area or Kettering itself but I am glad you enjoyed the Hotel and found it comfortable.
I agree I think the Express start breakfast is perfect to fuel your day.

Just to let you know we do provide a light snack menu at our bar and we also have take away menus available so there is plenty of different options to choose from.

If for any reason you need to visit Kettering again we will see you then.

Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for one night and was very pleased with this hotel. Normal Holiday Inn standards and there is even a harvester resteraunt across the way if you want something to eat. Not too close to the main road as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John C
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting a 5* review, its lovely to see your kind comments.
I am glad we met all of your expectations and you enjoyed your stay.

Please do return, we look forward to seeing you.

Puerto Rico, Spain
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

You cannot beat the Holiday Inn Express hotels when it comes to value for money. The staff both on reception and around the hotel cannot do enough for you. A free basic but good breakfast is provided along with a newspaper. You also have tea and coffee making in your room if required. All in all very pleasing. Keep it up guys.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Good Morning,

What a lovely review, Thank you so much its very much appreciated.
I will pass on your kind comments to all the Hotel staff.
I am glad you enjoyed our Express breakfast, perfect to keep you going for the day.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
#5 of 7 in Kettering
Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
Hampton by Hilton Corby
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kettering? Share your experiences!