“A real treat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kettering
The Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Kettering B&B and Inns
Greece
“A real treat!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I spent three days here whilst at a conference in Kettering. The hotel is beautifully clean and comfortable and I slept so well. The food was wonderful - simple but so well cooked and it was a real pleasure to read and relax here. Steve's maps were so much better than Google and I would recommend it to anyone to stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Greli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here during November, whilst visiting my daughter and grandson. I was delighted to find this lovely hotel in the delightful village of Great Cransley, very well situated for getting into Kettering. I was welcomed by Steve on my arrival, which was fairly late, and immediately was made to feel at home and that nothing was too much trouble. My room over looked the pretty garden and was beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable. Steve and Jenny are super hosts, offering excellent value and a very high standard of accomodation. I travel a great deal and this was one of the nicest places that I have stayed in, huge thanks to Steve and Jenny, I will be back again, when I next visit my daughter.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Caroline Z
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was looking for a place in or near Kettering for a one night stay and used a website. The site said it was 'Exceptional 9.7' and it was absolutely correct! Steve and Jenny are fabulous hosts, very warm and welcoming. The hotel is spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. My room was exactly the same with the small touches, sewing kit, razor, hair dryer, toiletries etc well thought out and just right. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept in for many a while and the view from the room tranquil. Breakfast was wonderful and the service and standards superb. The hotel knocks spots off any of the chains, please try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Dave B
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My partner daughter and I stayed here,and had a fantastic time.The rooms perfectly clean and tidy. Steve and Jenny could not have been kinder. We have stayed in some more expensive hotels,and been very unhappy. Breakfast,wow, all and more than you could ask for. We look forward to staying here again and again. Highly recommended.
Thank you so much Paul ,Becca and Mia-Grace

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul F
Tapski
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Small, friendly hotel with fantastic decor. Felt like I was staying in a luxury retreat. Tasty breakfast and great facilities.

Ideal location for the conference centre/motorway.

Would definately recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Tapski
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

As previously written Steve and Jenny are the perfect hosts, We welcomed and liked the room with its patio doors opening out to the garden. It was great to sit out on a summers evening and have the choice to stay in or visit the local pub, the three cranes. Breakfast and service was excellent and we were impressed by the flexibility. The hotel is superbly decorated and well equipped. If I were to be asked for one improvement it would be to have real milk and not UHT in the room ?

Room Tip: Choose a garden room a real bonus!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alison t
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

As our car arrived, Steve came out to meet us, and helped with our luggage. Our room was extremely well appointed, with every comfort you could ask for. As I have limited mobility I had requested a downstairs bedroom, which had the added bonus of patio doors leading outside to a lovely garden. Breakfast was served with a smile and willingness to attend to our every need. We were going to a family wedding, and they even offered us the use of one of their umbrellas! (Unfortunately we needed it). All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this small and homely hotel to anyone. Steve and Jenny are simply the best.......better than all the rest!

Room Tip: Because this hotel is small, the owners have time to talk to you and make you feel welcome. My tip i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,022 reviews

Been to The Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!