“First Class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Country House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kettering
The Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Kettering B&B and Inns
Skegness, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed at the start of May, booked as we needed to stay in the same area as our silver wedding party was being held. The hotel is beautifully decorated and exceptionaly clean and the rooms very well appointed and furnished, Jenny and Steve could not be more welcoming. Breakfast was excellent served by Steve in the lovely dinning room. By the end of our stay we both felt that our stay at the Country Hotel had become part of our celebration not just a stay over. We had a fantastic weekend, thank you Jenny and Steve.
Staying in the Kettering area ? Believe me book here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rod470

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at the end of Feb 2013. The hotel’s in a nice quiet area of the village with views of the surrounding country side. Steve & Jenny are most welcoming and the atmosphere is homely and relaxed. Rooms are individually decorated and well maintained with freeview and free wifi with a good connection speed. I had two evening meals there, both lovely. You can help yourself to drinks from the bar whenever you wish. Freshly cooked breakfast was superb. I can’t recommend this place enough and echo the high praise of other reviewers.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Matthew E
Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I spent three days here whilst at a conference in Kettering. The hotel is beautifully clean and comfortable and I slept so well. The food was wonderful - simple but so well cooked and it was a real pleasure to read and relax here. Steve's maps were so much better than Google and I would recommend it to anyone to stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Greli
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here during November, whilst visiting my daughter and grandson. I was delighted to find this lovely hotel in the delightful village of Great Cransley, very well situated for getting into Kettering. I was welcomed by Steve on my arrival, which was fairly late, and immediately was made to feel at home and that nothing was too much trouble. My room over looked the pretty garden and was beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable. Steve and Jenny are super hosts, offering excellent value and a very high standard of accomodation. I travel a great deal and this was one of the nicest places that I have stayed in, huge thanks to Steve and Jenny, I will be back again, when I next visit my daughter.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Caroline Z
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was looking for a place in or near Kettering for a one night stay and used a website. The site said it was 'Exceptional 9.7' and it was absolutely correct! Steve and Jenny are fabulous hosts, very warm and welcoming. The hotel is spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. My room was exactly the same with the small touches, sewing kit, razor, hair dryer, toiletries etc well thought out and just right. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept in for many a while and the view from the room tranquil. Breakfast was wonderful and the service and standards superb. The hotel knocks spots off any of the chains, please try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Dave B
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My partner daughter and I stayed here,and had a fantastic time.The rooms perfectly clean and tidy. Steve and Jenny could not have been kinder. We have stayed in some more expensive hotels,and been very unhappy. Breakfast,wow, all and more than you could ask for. We look forward to staying here again and again. Highly recommended.
Thank you so much Paul ,Becca and Mia-Grace

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul F
Tapski
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Small, friendly hotel with fantastic decor. Felt like I was staying in a luxury retreat. Tasty breakfast and great facilities.

Ideal location for the conference centre/motorway.

Would definately recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Tapski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Hopping Hare
Hopping Hare
#3 of 29 in Northampton

Been to The Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!