“Lovely, homely hotel with great hosts.”

The Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Kettering B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I needed a hotel near Kettering Conference Centre, but didn't want a faceless chain hotel. It took me ages searching for somewhere nearby that was up to my fussy standards without a luxury price. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, as I wasn't particularly inspired by the photos (sorry Steve and Jenny!), but thought the area would be nice. The hotel is decorated to a high standard and is spotlessly clean. The hosts are welcoming and friendly, and my room was lovely - plenty of space, bright and airy with an en-suite and a patio area in their garden. The breakfasts were very nice too. I didn't stay for an evening meal, as I wanted to try the local country pub (there aren't many where I live). A very pleasant stay - I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio at the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Helsibel

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is where you should stay if you are up around Kettering area, Steve & Jenny are the most helpful people and are so good to you and no matter what, they will do their utmost to make it happen!
My room at the front No. 4 looked out over the fields and beyond to Kettering, was beautifully decorated ( as all the rooms are) in all shades of Grey & White, lovely comfy bed, shower room, tea and coffee making facilities, we stayed 2 nights and wish it was for a fortnight! so peaceful and relaxing.
The rest of my family were downstairs in double rooms and again decorated to a very high standard, theirs lead out onto the patio with table and chairs and looking out over the fields!
Breakfast was great, and very filling to start the day off, we had dinner on the second night which was again great! a short wait for it to be cooked but that was no problem as we sat in the lounge, ( again beautifully decorated) and listened to music and chatted to Steve, who has some great paintings on the wall, and actually painted by him! a very talented man.
This is a very small village, and just a very short distance to get to Kettering and surrounding areas. Peaceful and great for a getaway we cant wait to go back and walk the walks around the area.... thanks Steve & Jenny for a lovely weekend and those chats about coincedence's, very interesting indeed.

Room Tip: Single Room 4 at the front upstairs, great view! Double rooms 2 & 3 at the rear on the ground f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for just one night after a long day at a swimming event in Corby. Great room lovely view clean and a very comfy bed. Ordered evening meal Lamb shank in rosemary gravy with potatoes and veg it was really nice and plenty of it. I had a great nights sleep and after a huge breakfast said my good byes I will be going back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Inge G
Reviewed 31 March 2014

You couldn't find more caring, hospitable owners anywhere. Nothing was too much trouble. They even happily taxi'd us to our evening celebrations and picked us up again.
The rooms were well thought out and really relaxing. Fresh milk for our tea ..... not those horrible little cartons in the room! Breakfast was good too.
Lovely views.
If you are in the area... stay there !!!!

Room Tip: Room 7 has a balcony overlooking the very quiet road and then over fields. Room 3 had doors to a pa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jude59595959
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed with Jenny & Steve for just the one night but wish it could have been more. The room was lovely, the bed super comfy, the breakfast divine and what a lovely couple they are who clearly LOVE what they do! The hotel is in a really quiet road in a lovely village and our sleep was totally undisturbed (how are is that when staying in away from home)We will definitely recommend and will be back ourselves for sure if we are ever anywhere near again in the future (maybe even this time next year). A REAL home from home!

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms are equally lovely and all offer guest access to the bar, lounge and pati...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neese12
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Staying at the country house hotel great cransley,this might sound like someone trying to advertise this accomadation because the description about it seems a little too good.....your wrong,we stay at lots of hotels all around this country,and can honestly say,they have got it right....from the location to the warm welcome,from the food to the little choc,s beside the bed....it's great. Very dog friendly,even got a lift to the pub.....(even though they sell beer and food here....)comfy beds,nice garden,great breakfast....I couldn't find a thing wrong with this place....well done you two.....give yourselves a holiday......you deserve it...and buy a schnauzer ,you won't regret it....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phil h
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Easy to find with the satnav with plenty of car parking at the front of the house. Well located house and great views over the fields from my room at the back of the house. Warm welcome from the owners both on arrival (accommodated my late arrival) and also at Breakfast time. Room was well appointed with everything you would expect. Very clean and well maintained. Only minor issue was the size of the TV in the corner of the room - wider flat screen would have been nicer however this is only me being picky.

Excellent breakfast in the morning and I would definitely return with my next client booking in the area - very soon I would hope!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business