“camping” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wicksteed Park
Ranked #2 of 111 things to do in Kettering
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wicksteed Park is based in Kettering, Northamptonshire and the large 147 acre ground is a wonderful mix of rides, attractions and beautiful countryside and wildlife. Wicksteed also boasts two private function rooms, ideal for weddings, private functions and corporate hire in the Northamptonshire and Midlands region. The is also a family camp site which boasts a modern loo and shower block, and beautiful views over the lake. It's the perfect way to make the most of Wicksteed Park. You wake up just seconds away from our rides, cafés and playgrounds, and get special second-day discounts on our wristbands. 2017 opening dates will be updated shortly.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“camping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

all though family and i have enjoyed our odd weekends camping through the year for the last 5-6 years we can`t help but moan that the prices go up but there is nothing extra for that raise in price dont get me wrong its a great park but the bar isn`t open in the evenings for campers to enjoy a relaxing pint at the bar nothing for the kids in the evening entertainment etc etc unless there a festival on...last time we went paid £20 per night with no electric then have to pay £15 a day for wrist band for the theme park with 3 kids that makes it a very expensive camping holiday making the stay cost £65 a night due to this we have stopped camping there and just have days out go camping in yarmouth and skegness now prices ranging from £10-£18 a night with electric with day time and evening entertainment for all ages included in the price no hidden extras unless you leave the site

Visited August 2013
2 Thank liketocamp@niceplaced

• Polish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Granddaughter 1st visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Well, £5 to get in & park car was a good result, on Bank Holiday Monday, free if you walk in. Had a picnic, lots of space to sit on the grass near the car. Staff very friendly, lots off free amenities, small rides are 1 token, which is approx. £1, I was a bit disappointed as most rides had a limit to height 1 metre, so my Granddaughter was not tall enough. Water shoot is fun, very relaxing day out, Boating lake, Massive sand pit ! Shops not expensive, I did notice they are building new attractions too, queues small, definitely go again.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Spacious and relaxed feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We visited in early May 2014. There is a fair bit of work going on, delayed due to the flooding earlier in 2014, so i recommend checking the website before you do. When the new zip wire and "leap of faith" are open and the train reopens, this will be an even nicer place to visit.

Plenty of space to run around, have picnics and so on. Good family day out.

Visited May 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Having read some reviews below, this was the first time myself and my family have been out to Wicksteed Park due to now being a mother with young children. I've got to say, with all due respect, people moan on this site and haven't the slightest clue what they are talking about in the negative comments. Please stop moaning and be open minded.

Arrival is straight forward, we had to pay for parking but what parks are there where you don't have to? Plus side is it wasn't even expensive to park. Access to the actual park is free itself with lots of things to do, plenty of places to go and play. Rides and attractions you will have to buy tickets or wristbands. We initially purchased tickets as we weren't advised that wristbands would be of greater value as we are entitled to unlimited rides for the duration of the day, so the tickets ran out fairly quick and then we had to get wristbands for the children as there weren't a lot of rides they couldn't go on.

The top area, the Fairground is a very enjoyable area with lots going on, plenty of rides from what I could see for children and adults to go on together. Plus plenty for the littluns to go on up here. The area was very clean and had a casino which I didn't see why it was there. I understand it's a business but a casino? Nevertheless, it didn't ruin our visit in anyway. The staff here are very polite and friendly. Well done.

I was disappointed that the train wasn't running as my children would have loved this but more so my husband would have loved this. There is building and maintenance work on going so it's no one's fault. I'm sure everyone is working hard to get it open.

The next area we went to was arena with go carts and the coasters. There wasn't a lot for my children to go on here. A small coaster, honey pots and the umbrellas but this didn't ruin the trip. This area seemed the most popular as during our visit it was the most bustling with lots of people crammed in, great family atmosphere, staff were very helpful and smiley and I even seen (I think a manager or a supervisor because he had a shirt on) litter picking and having a chat with customers as he was doing it. This is an eye opener. It's not everyday you see someone take pride in their duties. One thing I'd like to point out are the staff in the photo booths. Some looked like they were forced to stand there against their will. Either they don't like their job or aren't fit for the job.

The lakeside was the final area we visited and although not as busy as the other areas, we didn't stay too long here as my children only really went on one ride and then wanted to go. No complaints about this area. All staff were great so that goes to show that the park is thriving with good teams. The lake is undergoing restoration, I don't know what it looked like before but it certainly looks amazing now. A member of staff had informed me of the work it's had done to it. It's good to see the park spending money on maintaining it's heritage.

We didn't use any of the catering outlets as we had brought our own food. This park is definitely worth a visit and I will definitely be going again whilst my children are young. Value for money. Enjoyable and very satisfied customers. Keep up the good work.

1 Thank jasmine5439
Bedford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great family day out for all ages with no exorbitant entry fees.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I first went to Wicksteed as a child at junior school, so that was the mid sixties. I loved it then and still love it now. I took my children many times over the past twenty years and look forward to taking our grandchildren as soon as they are old enough. I have fond memories of the giant slides and the free play area is still a great draw. The rides that aren't free are worth the wrist band if you have all day. Our families favourites are still the racing cars and the self pedalled 'helicopters'. It's a great place to spend the day, take a picnic or enjoy the chips + . There's plenty of grass to run around on too. The train round the park is a pleasant ride and you get to see parts you probably didn't know we're there. Even if you don't want to pay for the rides, it's a great place to take the children and it only costs the car park fee if you drive there. It's free to get in if you go by bus or on foot.

Visited June 2013