“snooty fox lowick”

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #30 of 205 Restaurants in Kettering
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Snooty Fox is a traditional village pub and restaurant serving fresh, homemade food as well as fine wines and ales. It is situated in Lowick,Northamptonshire.The menu is anything but traditional pub grub. Whilst the cuisine is British through and through, the flair and imagination poured in to each dish puts the food on another level. Diners will be delighted with dishes such as pan seared fillet of sea bass on a bed of wilted spinach and served with a shellfish bisque and tempura coated samphire grass; wild mushroom, red onion and dolce latte cheese tart served with courgette ribbons and sun blushed tomatoes and roasted duck breast served with spring greens, raspberry sauce and a balsamic reduction as well as a delicious selection of steaks.The Snooty Fox is highly recommended if you are looking for hearty yet refined British cooking with idyllic views of the countryside.
uk
“snooty fox lowick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

we had our first meal here on sunday 27th january. the pub/restaurant was a lovely setting.
staff were a little slow to start with, but once we had our drinks, were given the menu. we were left long enough to decide what we would like....difficult decision as we both liked all on offer!
the starter of breaded brie was lovely. the main course, roast beef for my partner and the chicken in mushroom sauce for me...were both delicious. the desserts were many to choose from. and all looked good. i eventually settled on bakewell tart and ice cream, and he had ice cream. we came away from snooty fox VERY full. we stayed a while, and were never felt that we were wanted to leave.
The staff went out of their way to say thank you, and good bye. all in all a very nice sunday afternoon. we will be returning

• Visited January 2013

“Good value and nice modern English pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

It's a lovely place to dine and enjoy a relaxing meal. The service is ok, it's a pub with a large Resteraunt. The staff are ok and maybe not as warm as one would like but thats a little picky.
A few more settees in the pre dinning area would be great and the removal of the drain smell by the bar would also be nice.
Over all. its well worth a visit and you will enjoy your meal and experience.

By the way, Why do groupon users pay less and expect more?

Buncrana, Ireland
“Terrible Experience!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Booked a Groupon deal and when I told people, everyone said it was really good. I was really looking forward to it and on arrival the place really appealed. An old village pub which has been contemporary decorated but retains lots of original feature and has kept its charm. However, I was disappointed from the minute we went into the bar. We had to stand about for 10 minutes before we were served despite the fact there was staff cleaning behind the counter. A lady approached us and enquired quite loudly, if we had a Groupon Voucher and asked us to produce it before we were offered a drink. She then carried on cleaning glasses and served the locals but we had to wait for a young lad to come and take our order. My Son and I ordered Gressingham duck platter which is a Duck leg confit pressing, cured duck ham salad with spiced fig chutney and brioche but neither of us enjoyed it. The meat was very dry and hard and resembled leather and was not much better to taste. The chutney was the only saving grace here and gave a bit of moisture to the dish but we got so little of it. The mains were not much better, so much so, that I cannot even remember what I ate. No one attended us in the dining area and we struggled to get someones attention to order our second drinks. We were not thanked for our custom nor did anyone say goodbye as we left. I just could not believe the experience I had here and would not recommend it at all. I do wonder if we were given poor service because of the Groupon voucher. I would hazard that the idea behind advertising through Groupon would be to drum up a new customer base and put the business on a wider map. Surely then this could not be the reason then???

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Curlywee30
Northampton, United Kingdom
“A memorable meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I went for a meal using a Groupon voucher on a quiet Sunday evening. There were only 3 other couples in the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised by our meals and pleased with our choices. My husband chose fillet of steak for a supplement of £4 (well worth it in his opinion) He asked for it rare and that's exactly how it came. I chose the venison which came in slices and was very tender and not too gamey. My husband loved the twice cooked chunky chips and I enjoyed a good portion of mashed potatoes. For dessert we shared a black forest trifle which was very rich and packed with cherries. It was a huge portion for one person so I was glas to have him share it with me.
There were blazing log burners in both the restaurant and bar which addaed to the atmosphere. I did think that fresh flowers might have enhanced the minimalist nature of the restaurant, which seemed a bit stark at times.
The friendly Romanian waitress was very welcoming and helpful and gave us good advice about the food on offer. She made regular check backs to see if we had everything we needed to enjoy our meal. I would certainly return again without a Groupon offer as the whole experience was a pleasure. Well done!

• Visited January 2013
Northants, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Boxing Day Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

Hadn't been to The Snooty Fox in years. Back in the 1980s, it was one of the most popular country pubs in Northants. It had bags of old world charm, a lovely scruffy lived-in interior and an amiable landlord who spent most of his time talking about golf to anyone who would listen. Like a lot of country pubs, the interior has been modernised for the current age (cue the current obsession with brown furniture, tiled floors and minimalist look) and it's lost some of that timeless lived-in quality. But all that was made up for by the food. Four of us ate in the restaurant. For starters, we had duck (gorgeous presentation), leek and potato soup (tasty and warming), mushroom risotto (wonderfully creamy) and potted mackerel (probably the best of the starters, it was full of flavour and absolutely delicious.) All four of us had lamb for our main course, which was cooked to perfection. For desert, two of us had the bread and butter pudding, which, I have to say, was a delight and left us feeling happy and full. My partner's mum wasn't feeling at her best, but the excellent staff suggested that she could take home a selection of cheeses, which she did.

This may very well be the best meal I've eaten in a pub. Love The Snooty Fox.

• Visited December 2012